Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Target and got a queen size matress pad for $14.99. Here's what I did:

If it's possible try to get in the body wall area too (behind the tail light and first aid kit). I actually took out the plastic bucket thing covering the wheel. What the hell is that thing used for anyway?

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
I see you have a sub in the trunk. Is that what is causing a rattle? The rattle you are talking about? Help me out here..."drone"??

I have a 10" powered sub in my trunk and I have yet to hear any odd noises.

I hope you don't get a flat. That would be funny to see all that foam being yanked out on the side of the road. :lol:

You might get a better response in a different forum. Less of a GO FAST STUFF and more of a INSIDE and OUT topic.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on dude. I'm referring to the exhaust drone that everyone is complaining about.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
:eek: .... wait...
!!! there we go.

did doing all that really help?
if so... i might be interested in doing that... but... well... that seems a bit overkill... :eek:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blueIS said:
:eek: .... wait...
!!! there we go.

did doing all that really help?
if so... i might be interested in doing that... but... well... that seems a bit overkill... :eek:
:lol: It may seem like an overkill but it only took 20 minutes.

Well, now that I did it. I can hear my intake again. But don't expect a miracle.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
dph said:
Come on dude. I'm referring to the exhaust drone that everyone is complaining about.
Lucky me. No aftermarket exhaust. No drone. I guess that's why it went over my head. Sorry :oops:

So...you are saying the extra 8/10hp was not worth the noise?

I gotta give it to ya, you had a unique idea. At least it's flame retardant!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
redline814 said:
dph said:
Lucky me. No aftermarket exhaust. No drone. I guess that's why it went over my head. Sorry :oops:

So...you are saying the extra 8/10hp was not worth the noise?

I gotta give it to ya, you had a unique idea. At least it's flame retardant!
You see the exhaust tone sounds nice outside of the car and it's not that loud at all. Inside it's like 2-3 times as loud. After the padding I can hear the intake and exhaust work together. It's quite nice!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
i had the dragger wasnt that loud to me.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I like your idea and everything but the srt intake is louder than the drager exhaust, i have this setup. I dont get why you said you can hear your intake again.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
onyxIS3 said:
I like your idea and everything but the srt intake is louder than the drager exhaust, i have this setup. I dont get why you said you can hear your intake again.
I have the pass through removed for the subwoofer and I keep the back seat armrest down at all times. I think this is why the drone is louder in my cabin.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
now you can put groceries in the trunk and not worry about them breaking or getting crushed, your idea seems pretty logical and cheap, couldn't you also use some sort of dynamat type thing for noise reduction

·
Legacy Mod
6,093 Posts
Yeah I would think a good light weight dynamat would even work better, and you can get that 3M spray adhesive for auto carpeting to spay and stick it to surfaces like under the rear deck and near the back speakers.

Inochi3 said:
now you can put groceries in the trunk and not worry about them breaking or getting crushed, your idea seems pretty logical and cheap, couldn't you also use some sort of dynamat type thing for noise reduction

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
got the drager II
doesnt sound that loud for me, just try to keep the rpm above or below 3
it sound loudest when ur revving at 3

·
Registered
66 Posts
i was thinking of doing the same thing. its alot cheaper than the dynamat. and easier to destall. the drager II on my car is not that loud but i was thinking of putting a race pipe on.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Damn it , what kinda exhaust you have on there son? That is a little much. Hell, I kinda it loud. That way when my girl starts bitching about work, friends, or some other dump crap, I'll just downshit shift and get rpms to 3-4k, and that way I don't have to hear what she is saying and/or pretend to care.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
Skyy Blu
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing