Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I have been to every year that it has been at the Georgia Dome. If you have never been before, this is your time to go as we always have a blast. Between the tailgating, the race, and just spending the day with friends its a great way to get to know each other.

Last year we had 25+ people roll down with us and I cannot say enough about the fun we had. I will be picking up the tickets Jan. 1st. They are $15 each (general admission) and come with a Pit Pass as well. If you are interested hit me up via this thread or email and I will be sure to put you down. Hope to see some fellow IS owners roll down with us.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i went last year! im from washington state and used to race! ill deffinately be driving the IS down there fron NC! i like the really good seats prefrebly in front of rythym sections haha but mark me down for sure!

i also will be attending daytona anybody down for that?

do you go to any nationals? those are the best

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I raced for Pro-Circuit/Splitfire/Kaw. back in 03 until I broke 23 bones from my waist down...compound fract. as well. Thread is on the boards somewhere. Lol

Yes I attend almost every race when I can.

·
Registered
452 Posts
whats your name? i had compound fractures to my tibia, fibula, and forarm. damn car pulled out in front of me while i was on my R6, 1 month after getting my ama pro license

·
Registered
452 Posts
is the 104 a shea bently replica? i miss the 125 days so much haha.
id post some pics up if i had any, always went to races by myself because my parents are mormon lol. looks like some nice sx tracks in GA?

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No replica, it's the actual bike. The one pictured above was the practice bike so it was minus a few parts that my race bikes had. It's kind of crazy really.

I got all the hand-me downs from them since I was just a support rider so to speak. Shae rode that bike into the SX title that year, however when I received the bike with all the papers and such it showed the VIN and that bike belonging to Ezra Lusk.

So when I went down to practice with him and Shae I asked them what that was about. Well, Ezra actually went into agreement with PC to leave his team and get back onto a 125. He was going to jump on the same bike as Shae. Well the deal didn't fall through but he already had the bikes. So that was how his name ended up on the title.

It was my most favorite bike ever (had 3 of the same bike, practice bike, SX, and MX). I ended up getting a little over 23k for all 3 of them which was a pretty sweet deal.

Some really crazy and nice tracks in GA man...thats for sure.

·
Registered
452 Posts
right on. i miss ezra he was one of my favorites. have you seen a list of which lites riders are doing the east coast? last time i heard ryan villopoto was supposed to be riding the east coast SX. i lived 5 houses down from him for 8 years

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kid is freakin awesome too, did you catch him at any of the MX's this year?

·
Registered
452 Posts
sure did. saw him at red bud, budds creek, washougal, steel city, and MXoN. i am obsessed with MX/SX lol

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, yeah I hear you on that...I thought he was freakin on at Budds Creek.

·
Registered
452 Posts
yeah he had a great year thats for sure! im hoping to go to unadilla, southwick, steel city, and budds creek next summer. just need to find a traveling buddie to ride along with me to a few of them. my dad usually goes with me just because him and i knew ryan pretty well, but not sure if he is going to want to attend all the races i am planning on going to haha.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I lived closer bro I would travel with you for sure, however I will be at most of the events as long as my schedule permits...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice to see there's some MX junkies on here! I'm on the west coast and actually work for the AMA as a track official. I work most of the races out this way including the SX. I was at San Fran, and Seattle the last few years and work Hangtown, Washougal, Thundervalley, and Glen Helen. I havn't riden much since I was a younger but I LOVE the races. I miss the sound of the 125's too, Lampson rode his old CR125R at Hangtown and it was a kick to hear that thing go buzzing by all day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts