Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving home on 805N i was driving my 97 M3 i saw this bright headlight coming towards me ( i knew it was an is300 ) so i slow down to see if the guy wanted to play. we were running about 55 mph side by side, i was on 4th gear. so he decided to go at it, i downshifted to 3rd but before i can say go the guy was a good car lenght ahead of me. i tried to catch him but his car was so fast it took off like a motorcycle. If your plate number starts with 4YF..... and you're a netter please respond i want to meet you someday. i guess i wasn't fast enough to read your plate # :lol:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Well, what do you know... a BMW owner actually posting a kill story where he was the victim. Now this is a very nice thing to see... a true car lover who doesnt care about what make and model... who just appreciates a nice car. Thanks for stepping up and showing everyone that it's not about Bimmers vs. Lexus or this or that.... it's all about fun and good sportsmanship.

And btw, nice garage! Are those the M-Contour rims that came with the "Luxury Package" or did you get them as a seperate option.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
He's also an IS300 owner too that's why he's not ashamed to post the loss :lol:

Those e36 M3's are wicked, bone stock does 1/4 in low 14's to high 13's and OMFG, can that car take a curve. My friend took me in his car for a drive and that thing can corner (gotta love the M3 suspension work)!

Now throw on that supercharger for the M3 and kill some of the boosted IS's and alot of the top luxury cars out there! I just saw the vid's of that supercharged M3 in turkey killing exotics all over the highway!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
onyx_is said:
And btw, nice garage! Are those the M-Contour rims that came with the "Luxury Package" or did you get them as a seperate option.
my car is luxury edition so it came with it.

DL said:

Those e36 M3's are wicked, bone stock does 1/4 in low 14's to high 13's and OMFG, can that car take a curve. My friend took me in his car for a drive and that thing can corner (gotta love the M3 suspension work)!

Now throw on that supercharger for the M3 and kill some of the boosted IS's and alot of the top luxury cars out there! I just saw the vid's of that supercharged M3 in turkey killing exotics all over the highway!
i think i'll be ok i'll just stay with my set-up (intake, chip, throttle body, exhaust )

·
Registered
612 Posts
DL said:

You think that's killer, check out the turbo M3 from Active Autowerke

www.activeautowerke.com

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
onyx_is said:
DL said:

You think that's killer, check out the turbo M3 from Active Autowerke

www.activeautowerke.com

Guys i still think that the IS has way more potential than the M3. IS300 if tuned right IS will slaughter any supercharged or turbocharged M3 :D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
DL said:

I have seen those videos too. That M3 had about 415whp. There was another M3 (97ish) featured in a BMW mag that had a s/c that was dropping 15lbs of boost. It also had low 400whp. I have always been a fan of the e36, I love the body lines.

·
Registered
712 Posts
stick said:
DL said:

I have seen those videos too. That M3 had about 415whp. There was another M3 (97ish) featured in a BMW mag that had a s/c that was dropping 15lbs of boost. It also had low 400whp. I have always been a fan of the e36, I love the body lines.

:shame: Those M3's with 400rwhp you guys are talking about are boosted EURO M3's which came STOCK with 280hp (94-96) and 320hp (96-99). Theyre are NOTHING close to the 240hp E36 M3. The turquish M3 wich was a 280hp model and supercharged took out the supercharger and is going turbo now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts