·
Registered
2,392 Posts
LCA575 said:
tennispro said:
Justin did a great job...eddie post pics of those projectors tmw
Eddies look something like this:

except he didn't opt for the Gen-V DDEs
hey LCA, do those projectors use the same bulb and ballast as our cars or would we need a new one to fit? Also do they then have that color changing effect like the audi/bmw/s2000 do?

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
BUTRBALL12 said:
hey LCA, do those projectors use the same bulb and ballast as our cars or would we need a new one to fit?
The Projectors take a D2S bulb which can be powered by any D2S Lexus, BMW, Audi, etc ballast. The factory D2R IS300 Xenon bulb can be made to fit but you will not get the same beam pattern as with a D2S.

BUTRBALL12 said:
Also do they then have that color changing effect like the audi/bmw/s2000 do?
Yes, because coloration is the result of the light projectors; the lenses: it's transparency, it's curvature, the tiny grooves etched into it; the projector assembly, the shield, and the reflector bowl. All these components work together to produce a signature of light unique to that particular optic's design. On the Audi and BMW projectors, the lens curvature at the edge bends the white light producing a "prism effect". White light is broken down to it's fundemental colors. Since blue lights is high energy it is absorbed last and thus travels farther.

TK288,
The 75mm HELLA projectors I use for the retrofits w/ DDEs run $239 new. For non-DDE projector retrofits I suggest a 90mm HELLA lens so there is no gaping and the lens looks factory. I am still trying to outsource the 90mms so I don't have a price yet.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts