Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a newbie here and I just bought a new IS. I wanted to upgrade to 18" rims but not sure what most of the ISers are getting. I just got the L Sportline springs (eibach) and shocks. I was considering:

L SPortline M4 1 piece
SSR GT1
Racing Hart M5
Axis Se7en MOD (if this even fits)
Lowenhart BR5
*place your suggestion here or what you got*

I do not like chrome rims so plan to just get silver. I never had 18" before so I don't know which tire size is best for 18". Would 225/40/18 be the best? Thanks for any opinions/suggestions you can give me.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
mpbruin108 said:
So I'm a newbie here and I just bought a new IS. I wanted to upgrade to 18" rims but not sure what most of the ISers are getting. I just got the L Sportline springs (eibach) and shocks. I was considering:

L SPortline M4 1 piece
SSR GT1
Racing Hart M5
Axis Se7en MOD (if this even fits)
Lowenhart BR5
*place your suggestion here or what you got*

I do not like chrome rims so plan to just get silver. I never had 18" before so I don't know which tire size is best for 18". Would 225/40/18 be the best? Thanks for any opinions/suggestions you can give me.
All those rims look good, it's a tough decision on what to pick. For the tire sizes, 225/40/18 are fine.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You should think about staggering the sizes, 225/40/18 on 8" in the front and 255/35/18 on 9" or 9.5" in the rear it looks hot. I like the Lownhart BR5s but they are big dollars and I think that they are heavy too. The SSRs, RH and Axis are nice too but there are alot of them out there, if that matters to you. What style you prefer, a 5 spoke? If so how about the Work Euroline IS.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I believe the Racing Hart M5's are discontinued. The SSR GT3 are very nice and I really don't like the L Sportline wheels cuz of the price. If you want really good wheels go with the Work or Volk, you can't go wrong with either company.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DHCrocks said:
You should think about staggering the sizes, 225/40/18 on 8" in the front and 255/35/18 on 9" or 9.5" in the rear it looks hot. I like the Lownhart BR5s but they are big dollars and I think that they are heavy too. The SSRs, RH and Axis are nice too but there are alot of them out there, if that matters to you. What style you prefer, a 5 spoke? If so how about the Work Euroline IS.

I am seriously considering the staggered look but hesitated due to the cost and limit on tire rotation. I also like the BR5 but the cost stumped me. I can get LD1s for cheap but I don't really like the look. The SSR GT3 is nice but I do see everywhere on those new BMWs.

Does anyone know if Axis Se7en Mod even fits on our cars? L sportline were my top choice because I can get some 18" sets with tires for about 1600 but only in chrome. APparently they discountinued silver 18" m4 so I doubt I'll get them cuz i don't like chrome. That left me with RH m5 evo. I know they are discontinued but they are still easy to get and I don't see many cars with them.

Thanks for all the comments. The work Euroline is not available in any store that I contacted...hopefully I can find something..any more suggestions???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I found a great deal on some Volks Te-37 18". Do you think they would look good on a Graphite Pearl IS300? The rims are powdercoated Gunmetal. Also, does anyone know the offsets our car use. These rims supposedly are 18x7.5 5x114.3 w/ offset of +48mm. Does it fit??? Thanks a whole bunch guys.

·
Registered
754 Posts
mpbruin108 said:
DHCrocks said:

I am seriously considering the staggered look but hesitated due to the cost and limit on tire rotation. I also like the BR5 but the cost stumped me. I can get LD1s for cheap but I don't really like the look. The SSR GT3 is nice but I do see everywhere on those new BMWs.

Does anyone know if Axis Se7en Mod even fits on our cars? L sportline were my top choice because I can get some 18" sets with tires for about 1600 but only in chrome. APparently they discountinued silver 18" m4 so I doubt I'll get them cuz i don't like chrome. That left me with RH m5 evo. I know they are discontinued but they are still easy to get and I don't see many cars with them.

Thanks for all the comments. The work Euroline is not available in any store that I contacted...hopefully I can find something..any more suggestions???

:eek: HOw is that possible $1600 for Chrome L sportline? Were these used?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, they are used but only for shows. Its actually the rims by itself and no tires but they are 18" and they are chrome. The dude ran into some legal trouble and just selling it to his friends and friend's friends. But I decided to get the 18" Volk Te37 Gunmetals to go with my Graphite pearl IS. Hopefully, it'll look HOT! :D :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.