Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this article on Nihoncar.com and confirms what Lexus has planned on the LF-Ch concept. It's going to become a reality as the CT 200h in late 2010. The rear resembles a WRX STi. Cool thing about the car is that it uses LED headlamps (ala LS460) and harbours an 8" LCD! :jawDrop:

Lexus CT 200h: 2010 Geneva Auto Show

TOKYODeveloped initially for Europe but aimed at global markets when it goes on sale in late 2010, the all-new Lexus CT 200h makes its official debut at the 2010 Geneva Auto Show.

An evolution of the Lexus LF-Ch concept from last fall's Frankfurt show, the CT 200h is a compact five-door with an ample wheelbase and roomy cabin that has been designed to woo younger buyers to the brand.

The full hybrid features a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine and permanent magnet synchronous motor, which drive the front wheels separately or in tandem through an electronic continuously variable automatic transmission. The CT 200h offers four selectable driving modes: Eco, Normal, Sport and pure EV.

Batteries are still nickel-metal hydride, an older technology that is rapidly being replaced by many competitors with lithium-ion and lithium-polymer.

The car is built on a new architecture that employs MacPherson struts in front and a combination of trailing arms and double wishbones in the rear. The CT 200h rides on 17-inch alloy wheels and tires and is fitted with LED headlamps.

The cockpit is trimmed in leather and soft-touch materials, with polished metallic accents and such features as an 8-inch LCD multi-display screen and remote-touch controls.

Inside Line says: A handsome design that should hold considerable appeal in many markets, including North America. — Paul Lienert, Correspondent

·
Registered
875 Posts
still not a fan of that rear door window... and the whole rear end.
maybe its just the tail lights...

its like when u parade ur girl around, when u pass by... everyone will be looking at her rear end

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
I think it's a cool car... but is it coming here? I keep hearing news that flips back and forth between it being for europe only... and for it coming to North America. Last thing I heard was that it was for Europe only at the moment.

·
Premium Member
7,176 Posts
I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
877 Posts
if this car was build base on the IS sedan...it will be hot...

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Its coming here.

And you guys won't like it.

But I will be buying one.

1.8L 2ZR-FXE powertrain = Prius-like fuel economy. ie. this is not a sports car, but a car for the future.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
It's nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.