Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive finally decided on the rims i want and these are what im getting. Now the dilemma is what color to get. My car is GGP and i dont know whether i want hyperblack, silver, or graphite. Input?

·
Registered
231 Posts
the Silver is out right away.

the Hyperblack is a real nice option to have, but the Graphite is the way to go as long as that lip is still a contrasting machined silver(hard to tell in the pic).

Ur GGP is gonna look hot with them rollers man :chill:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think im eaning towards the hyperblack because the graphite is a little dark, ive seen it on a member's car and it almost looked black. The only problem i see with the hyperblack is that the lip of the rim doesnt have that great of a contrast with the rim color itself. IN the end the hyperblack might still be it.

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
i used to have these wheels in 19x7.5 last year october =\ first one to get them on the boards too if i remember correctly i had the them in the gunmetal.. you can check my sig to see how they look i believe i still have pics of it left on there if not pm me for pics....

ONE THIGN TO BE CAREFUL OF.. i could not find wheel locks for these wheels... the lugs that fit these that i got with was so thing that not many wheel locks would fit this size... and guess what? they got stolen so you know just be careful dont want it happening to you

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Justin, car looks great as usual. I love the graphite on GGP combo but the good thing is i cant really go wrong here. Graphite or Hyperblack will look good.

Pointblank, your car was actually the inspiration for me getting these rims. It sucks they were stolen from you, i can still remember those pics of it sitting on blocks by its calipers :pissed: Im going to try and find wheel locks ASAP although i garage my car so i shouldnt worry too too much.

My stock rims are chrome and i love the look of them hence why i might go with the hyperblack, its a step down from chrome but not completely. I think the graphite just would be too big of a plunge for me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I agree with you David either color just blends with GGP so well, so you can't go wrong man.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Justin

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
BUTRBALL12 said:
Pointblank, your car was actually the inspiration for me getting these rims. It sucks they were stolen from you, i can still remember those pics of it sitting on blocks by its calipers :pissed: Im going to try and find wheel locks ASAP although i garage my car so i shouldnt worry too too much.
:eek: :D thanks for the compliment! im blushing now! anyway you might wanna look into custom wheel locks perhaps? im not sure if there are many places where you live i know we dont have here have those kind of stores around washington... atleast to my knowledge that is

the hyperblack atleast in the pictures look like a light grey.... i wish i could have taken some closer pictures for you.. alas i dont have that luxury lol but the gunmetal is very nice the lip stood out nicely and they are not too bad of rims i went over plent of speed bumps and pot holes [on accident] and there wasnt much of a problem ... somtimes i got small rock chips but theres not you can do bout rock chips blasting at your wheels. plus i think speedandstyle.com has a wheel and tire package for it around 1300 or so very nice deal....

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Po1ntblank said:
BUTRBALL12 said:
:eek: :D thanks for the compliment! im blushing now! anyway you might wanna look into custom wheel locks perhaps? im not sure if there are many places where you live i know we dont have here have those kind of stores around washington... atleast to my knowledge that is

the hyperblack atleast in the pictures look like a light grey.... i wish i could have taken some closer pictures for you.. alas i dont have that luxury lol but the gunmetal is very nice the lip stood out nicely and they are not too bad of rims i went over plent of speed bumps and pot holes [on accident] and there wasnt much of a problem ... somtimes i got small rock chips but theres not you can do bout rock chips blasting at your wheels. plus i think speedandstyle.com has a wheel and tire package for it around 1300 or so very nice deal....
nice, yeah i def. have to look into the wheel lock issue. Hyperblack is actually a little darker than shown in the pictures as is the graphite. Hyperblack actually looks like black chrome when clean :p
I was gonna go with Gram Lights 57f Pro but they would run me about 2600 for a package deal. I figured that with the way roads are out here, i would be heart broken if i messed up a 600 dollar rim. So i saw yur pictures again along with is300bmr (i think thats his name) and i knew i wanted those. At under 200 a rim, i can afford to bend or crack one. About the rock chips its completely understandable with any wheel.
My final question is with these package deals from speedandstyle.com, what kind of tires are included. Im really picky about tires and wanted toyo t1-s like i currently have on my stock rims, do you think they could arrange for something like that?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
^ possibly maybe you can work out a deal with them? i know my 19s came with pirelli .. not sure what model i have forgetten them... but i believe sinister95 or whjatnot is the owner of speedandstyle.com.. so you might want to pm him.. not a 100% sure so ask around. their phone people are not that great... but they ship it out quick, nicely and have hell of a deals.. bah wish i coulda gottan teh toyos =\ i went cheap and got yokohoma avs es100 or what not.. and i dislike them very much =\

1 - 18 of 18 Posts