Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my is 300 is a 2001 model and as we all know this does not include an armrest. When i bought the car the dealership said they would throw in an armrest for free. I bought used :( but im only 18 so $$$ was a problem...anyways i have been waiting for this damm armrest to come to the dealrship for liek 2 months now and has caused nothing but arguments over the phone because i know if they really wanted to they could have one for me in 5 days. Well i brought my car down to get the low jack installed and the armrest installed too. When i went to pick it up there was no armrest. WHAT THE HELL!!! They said it wasnt in yet and they would call when they recieved it. Well now i was mad because this ment waiting even longer for this thing. Well finally the dealership called and said they would have someone come and pick the car up drive it down to the dealership which is like a 45 min drive and drive it back the next day or something. Well i dont want some fool from the dealership driving my car cause i know hell mess with it and screw everythign up probably so my question is:

shouldnt they just be able to install the armrest at my house if they bring the proper tools i mean it isnt really that hard and they probably have done in many a time?!?!?!?!?! My friend had lexus come to his house and install a spoiler so why not an armrest!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

haha sorry for the long story but i just wanted u to see it from my point of view

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
i highly doubt that they would install it at your house, for like liability issues and stuff. they will def have to do it at the dealership. just insist on havin a loaner is300 that you can rape

-Eddie

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea

yea but thats still not a fair trade off cause its my car you know but belive me im ganan be drifting in that loaner car haha

·
Registered
712 Posts
Bro, I don't mean to sound like a downer but be happy that u are actually getting that armrest for free. I on the other hand have to pay about $300 for the parts and install it myself. I also bought a preowned 2001 IS and have been living with no armrest for about 1 1/2 yrs so 2 months is a piece of cake. Let me know how things turn out!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
!!!

well the assholes riped me off they installed the long airstream armrest for some reason. I want to regular lexus one so now i have to take it back again. Westminister lexus blows!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the assholes riped me off. They installed the long airstream armrest when they said i would have the stock one, for some reason. I want the regular lexus one so now i have to take it back again. Westminister lexus blows in my opinion :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: !

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Dude, doctors don't even make house calls. You shouldn't expect a dealership to go to your house to do work. Most car dealerships wouldn't even pick up your car.

The dealership put in the airstream armrest because they probably don't know that the 02 and 03 armrest WILL fit into an 01. You lack 2 screw holes, but it will still work. If I were you I'd make sure to tell them that. Most parts departments will tell you that the armrest will not fit.

·
Registered
219 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
Dude, doctors don't even make house calls. You shouldn't expect a dealership to go to your house to do work. Most car dealerships wouldn't even pick up your car.

The dealership put in the airstream armrest because they probably don't know that the 02 and 03 armrest WILL fit into an 01. You lack 2 screw holes, but it will still work. If I were you I'd make sure to tell them that. Most parts departments will tell you that the armrest will not fit.
Where can i get an airstream arm rest? i've seen some pix online- doesn't seem that bad- how's the fit? price?

thanks all...

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
brc said:
SophieSleeps said:

Where can i get an airstream arm rest? i've seen some pix online- doesn't seem that bad- how's the fit? price?

thanks all...
try the .net store.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
SophieSleeps said:

actually there are more than one dealership in the SoCal area that comes to your house and does oil changes...for the same price as if you bring it into the service dept. Problem is the wait lists are months long...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts