Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new around here. I finally am getting ready to do some things to my IS300 however I have a few questions regarding this swap.
Car background. 2001 IS300 automatic - The car has no engine, trans or ecu & harness. I do have the original key. also the fuel pump has been dicked around with I dont know if components are missing or whatnot. I am just going to do the fuel pump Walbro GSS342 ‐mod while I am in there anyway.

1) The Aristo swap comes with engine, harness, ecu, ignitor, and trans. - Can I use this ECU instead of the Original Lexus IS300 ECU which I do not have, and would I need to source one and if so will any 2001 year work?
2) Driveshaft. I will be running the swap as is for a few months until I can put together a single turbo build so then ill attempt a t56 manual swap. Can I modify my IS300 driveshaft or do I need to order a custom one?
3) Sump, the aristo has a front mounted sump, can I just swap a Supra mid oil sump in the bottom and call it a day?
4) The front lower radiator support was ripped out I suppose from a improper tow job. Best way to replace this?I was thinking junkyard and drill the spot welds out and then just weld them up back in mine.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Most of these questions can be answered from old posts on here. That said, I will answer what I can, but you should always research and verify. If you haven’t read the swap sticky, it’s really helpful.

1. I think the wiring on an 01 IS300 is closer to a GS300. Which, is fairly similar to an Aristo. I think most of the plugs will fit, but you’ll have to do some repinning of wires. You’ll lose the coolant gauge, ac, maybe more due to the multiplex IS300 ecu missing. What most people do is keep the IS ecu for gauges/climate control and either run the Aristo or a standalone for the motor. Dual ecus.

2. Depends on what trans you use. The Aristo A340 will need a modded shaft. But seeing that you want to manual swap it, I would just wait and get the GrannasT56 kit. You will have an awful time if you try to pull the stock twins with the motor still in the IS. The Supra has a lot wider bay and makes it better but still not easy. I’d recommend just waiting and doing the single turbo/manual trans swap all at once while its out of the car.

3.Front sump is what you want. Don’t change it.

4. Idk?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I am no expert, but If its anything like the Altezza from what i know of guys here who have dont the swap you still need the IS ECU to run the general items and the Aristo ecu to run the engine and trans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts