Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
the only valve i left in place is the one underneath the first turbo. the other three i either removed or wired open. If you remove the clamp on the rod the valve is extremely easy to wire open. practically swings open and close with 1 finger.
the bigger valve of the three (the one on the very bottom ) or the one thats on the closest turbo to the cam gears.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
the bigger valve of the three (the one on the very bottom ) or the one thats on the closest turbo to the cam gears.
the one closest to the cam gears was left alone and it should be shut. all the other gates were wired open and the actuators were removed.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I currently have no boost controller. The twins seem to be okay. I've been too lazy lately to pull a data log to actually see what boost levels are...HAHA

But I must say.....they sounds SICK on the highway!!!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Speaking for him and Teck they are using EMU.
Search and you will find Teck's input on tuning the emanage w/ success.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Yup... Wingzero's car was tuned by me as well.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
IS ECU.

Aristo ECU is doable if you have all the orig sensors, and an ECU that doesn't have immobilizer.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Hardwired mine. I've had my EMU way before the availability of PNP harnesses. I'd suggest a PnP harness though. The EMU has way more splices necessary than even a standalone.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
how is your clutch holding up? I was thinking of going with a rps max pressure plate, stock flywheel and stock disc.

Also, everyone around me says not to touch the Emanage, i have read your threads about it, why do you think they wont touch it?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
how is your clutch holding up? I was thinking of going with a rps max pressure plate, stock flywheel and stock disc.
I planned on using a w58 w/ rps max press.plate blue, stock fly and exedy stage 1 (stock) disc. long before I bought the Aristo motor. It should hold great if you know how to drive the car 'around' the setup. Speed shifts, etc. will take their tole....However, the clutch is weak point so you could spare the tranny and destroy clutches like there is no tomorrow! ;) I dont even have the motor remotely ready to drop in and I'm already making plans to swap a v160...next year.

Also, everyone around me says not to touch the Emanage, i have read your threads about it, why do you think they wont touch it?
:blush: Loaded question!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm torn between using the EMU and the F10X, I know they are totally different, but I'm worried that some jackoff tuner here in Iowa is going to screw up the timing and ruin my motor, where the F10X just uses the stock ECU for timing...

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I'm torn between using the EMU and the F10X, I know they are totally different, but I'm worried that some jackoff tuner here in Iowa is going to screw up the timing and ruin my motor, where the F10X just uses the stock ECU for timing...
In short I'll say (said before) that at these power levels the stock ECU is a tool you want to work WITH and not against. At 8psi, GE motor and on the F10x I played around w/ meth and the stock ecu adjusted timing rather aggressively. I was very surprised at how well balanced the F10x and stock ecu made the car from not just a datalog perspective but in daily driving as well... Also, IMO the f10x is far easier to tune then a piggyback!

Edit* Curious - what sensors do you EMU guys run with the unit? Pressure sen., what about air temp?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
F10X is not viable IMO. No timing control. Running off stock timing is a great way to blow the motor.

And actually...all those blown ringlands you're seeing on stock GE bottom ends have more to do with overly aggressive stock timing than fueling.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
for sure...

121 - 140 of 795 Posts