Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I took my car to have it re-tuned. The place I took it to is an authorized dealer of Haltech located here in Phoenix, AZ called B&R Automotive. I have the Haltech F10X with SRT Stage 2 kit, stock compression, 440 cc injectors. After the re-tuning, I must say the car is running much better than before in which the tuning was done at a diferent place ( Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale, AZ)

Everything is much better and air/fuel is almost near perfect.

Now on the results of the dyno, I got 210.5 whp @ 99.6 MPH and 376.5 in torque @ 85.8 on a run from 70 to 120 mph. Does this number seem right?
Are the HP numbers on a Mustang dynometer different than the numbers on a Dynojet? I was told by the tech that its a 25% loss.

any feed back is appreciated... Other than that car is running much better.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
I've seen a few mustang dynos that seem to produce lower horsepower numbers but higher(substantial ammounts)torque. You are showing 376 torque which would be ungodly with that HP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,905 Posts
There is no possible way that HP number is right. Arizona sucks!

I thought the word was "dynamometer." Am I wrong? I had a debate about it with one of my coworkers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the wrong tone said:
There is no possible way that HP number is right. Arizona sucks!

I thought the word was "dynamometer." Am I wrong? I had a debate about it with one of my coworkers.
I am holding the paper in my hand that shows those numbers in my hand. When i got tiem i will scan it and post for you guys to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,905 Posts
I believe that those are the #s they gave you. I just think they messed something up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would changing out the 3 bar map sensor to a 2 bar sensor made the difference. They did that today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,661 Posts
wtf kind of numbers are those?

if you got 376.5 tq, then ur HP would be around 350 rwhp approx most likely....

and ur reading the dyno wrong, you want to know the HP at what RPM's...

this makes no sense at all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tsopranoMB said:
wtf kind of numbers are those?

if you got 376.5 tq, then ur HP would be around 350 rwhp approx most likely....

and ur reading the dyno wrong, you want to know the HP at what RPM's...

this makes no sense at all
Thats exactly what i said to him. I am not reading the sheet wrong it clears state those numbers
max hp 210.5 @99.6 mph
max torque 376.6 @ 85.8 mph

I am really confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
revhard said:
Maybe they ment 310 hp.
The numbers were printed out on the paper. I will scan and post tomorrow once I get to work whee there's a scanner. All I know is the car runs and boost much better. Just curious, I wonder why he replace my 3 bar map with a 2 bar one? he told me that if it would be better since i am not running more than 14 psi with the current stock compression setup. Funny thing is that he ask me why SRT kit comes with a 3 bar sensor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
You should read the RWHP at what RPM, not MPH... because your car will have much lower HP at lower RPM but once it goes up to 5,800 and higher thats when you should see your highest HP numbers. So, if that 210rwhp is at 3800 rpm, it is fine; however, if thats at over 5000rpm than something isnt right.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,824 Posts
Go back and have them print out a dyno graph that has RPM on the x-axis. If they can't, they did something wrong and those numbers are way off. I have a feeling that they didn't even try to get an RPM pickup on your car and that is why the HP # is way off and TQ is about right. The dyno measures torque and from torque and RPM, get's HP. Without RPM, horsepower is not accurate.

Tim
Sales Engineer
Mustang Dynamometer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SloRice said:
Go back and have them print out a dyno graph that has RPM on the x-axis. If they can't, they did something wrong and those numbers are way off. I have a feeling that they didn't even try to get an RPM pickup on your car and that is why the HP # is way off and TQ is about right. The dyno measures torque and from torque and RPM, get's HP. Without RPM, horsepower is not accurate.

Tim
Sales Engineer
Mustang Dynamometer
OK I just went to B&R Automotive and got a copy of the graph but it shows a different numbers than the first printout they gave me. Then I decided to go back to Dynocomp and got it retuned and dyno using their Dyno Dynamic System and got some more HP (242.9 RWHP) after a little bit or retuning. No matter what they tried to do, we were not able to reach the 300RWHP like SRT say the kit (Stage 2) were suppose to achieved. Could it be the fact that I bought my kit used that I am not making the HP like the new kits? By the way my kit is bought used but I bought the Haltech F10X for fuel management replacing the SRT black box. Could someone shed some light into this for me?
I have scans of all the graphs but cannot post, could someone host for me? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tsopranoMB said:
dude

you made 375 TQ...you Def made over 300 RWHP ;)
Please re-read my post above. They gave me the outrageous numbers on the mph graph (run from 70mph to 116mph) but on the rpm graph i got from them today says different. I can post pics but need someone to host them for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ok pictures of dyno graphs are in my cardomain.com in my signature on page 7.
Hopefully you guys could shed some light on this for me as to what might be the cause that i am not making the HP that I am suppose to be .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,754 Posts
jamessinh said:
OK I just went to B&R Automotive and got a copy of the graph but it shows a different numbers than the first printout they gave me. Then I decided to go back to Dynocomp and got it retuned and dyno using their Dyno Dynamic System and got some more HP (242.9 RWHP) after a little bit or retuning. No matter what they tried to do, we were not able to reach the 300RWHP like SRT say the kit (Stage 2) were suppose to achieved. Could it be the fact that I bought my kit used that I am not making the HP like the new kits? By the way my kit is bought used but I bought the Haltech F10X for fuel management replacing the SRT black box. Could someone shed some light into this for me?
I have scans of all the graphs but cannot post, could someone host for me? Thanks
that sounds closer to what it should be for a SRT stage 2. i remeber seeing old numbers of 280 with 3" exhaust and headgasket
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,564 Posts
with 375lb-fts of torque, like tsop said, you should be pushing 300+rwhp. unless the boost is completely lost when you spike your torque numbers.

simliar to a situation with a GTi that i tried tuning through VAGCOM. i would get 260lb-ft's of torque +/- 5-10lb-ft's, but only churned up 220-230fwhp. the boost spikes at 21psi then dribbles down to a 17-18psi all the way until redline. also i cant tune ECU with VAGCOm only. it needs standalone. i would have everything checked out again. check your timing if its being retarded after xxxx rpms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AltezzaBob said:
with 375lb-fts of torque, like tsop said, you should be pushing 300+rwhp. unless the boost is completely lost when you spike your torque numbers.

simliar to a situation with a GTi that i tried tuning through VAGCOM. i would get 260lb-ft's of torque +/- 5-10lb-ft's, but only churned up 220-230fwhp. the boost spikes at 21psi then dribbles down to a 17-18psi all the way until redline. also i cant tune ECU with VAGCOm only. it needs standalone. i would have everything checked out again. check your timing if its being retarded after xxxx rpms.
I am running on stock timing. How can I adjust that?
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top