Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently purchased an used Area51 STB and I am having some clearance issues between the bar and the intake manifold/intake inlet (throttle body?). I say I have the maximum of maybe 2mm between the bar and the manifold/throttle body. What is the typical clearance for this bar brand? I feel some buzzing/vibration from time to time if I get on the gas. Any ways to fix this issue? The bar is really tight after install and I would think that the only fix is to put spacers underneath the brackets to raise the bar up a bit....thanks for any advise you might have.

V

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Mine was pretty much the same situation. The A51 bar is alluminum, after some hard pulls the throttle body "fixed" the problem ;)

B

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
as you're tightening the bar, have someone pull up on it. also check to see if it's made to fit one way rather than the other, IE rotate the bar (not the bracketS) around.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
^^ The A51 label on the bar shows the dirrection, and even if reversed probably wouldn't make much difference at all.
But hey, I hacked mine all up to make it work, thus "rendering it useless" so best of luck.

B.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts