Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Number

I've been extensively researching everything related to turbocharging the 1st gen IS and I've put together a list of what I THINK will work well together. I'm basically just looking to find out whether or not these would all work well in harmony together. Also what ECU would you guys recommend for a setup like this that would allow me to keep as many interior electronic functions as possible?

Goals: Reliable 500hp (full boost) daily driver

·
Registered
2002 is300
462 Posts
everything should work. Panic wiring has a kit for full standalone the will retain full can bus minus mpg gauge. They also have an option for a new wiring harness included. The platform is g4x.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. I agree, the parts should jive. That 6266 will hit pretty quick and hard in the rpm band, especially if it’s a ball bearing version. I wouldn’t mess with a wideband gauge either. Every modern standalone will have a wb driver built in. You can get a Canbus gauge to display all the data - check out BTi or PerfectTuning gauges to see what I’m talking about.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. I agree, the parts should jive. That 6266 will hit pretty quick and hard in the rpm band, especially if it’s a ball bearing version. I wouldn’t mess with a wideband gauge either. Every modern standalone will have a wb driver built in. You can get a Canbus gauge to display all the data - check out BTi or PerfectTuning gauges to see what I’m talking about.
That's a little misconception about BB vs JB. BB version spools a tiny bit earlier but it's very minimal. Best thing about BB is that it continue to spin like you are on boost when you let off the throttle so you get back in boost sooner where as JB, it has to spool back up. Basically, you don't experience as much of a boost lag when you shift gear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts