Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what one of those quick lube places told me I need to get done:

Fuel injection/emissions -$65
Transmission fluid exchange/filter service- $110
Power steering fluid - $70
Differential Fluid -$35

Car has 62K miles on it. Are these things really necessary for regular maintenance?

According to our maintenance book, it seems brake fluid and sparks plugs are the only thing I need to get replaced (besides the things not mentioned here that I already had done).

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are all necessary...maybe just not right at the moment. Either way, those prices are a complete rip-off in my opinion. Also, there's no way for an owner's manual to list EVERY little maintenance item, they just hit the biggies. For example...if you never use fuel injector cleaner, will you notice a difference? Probably not, but simple preventative maintenance never hurts.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dont go straight to the big name auto shops. They'll cheat you for your money.

I got my best friend's cousin to do an emissions test, fuel injection, powersteering fluid and a fluid flush all for $80. Man, I love connections.

·
8,827 Posts
Well, considering our manual states that unless the vehicle is hard-drivven, i.e. towing, the transmission fluid does not need to be changed.
The rest you can figure out from there.

P.S.
I would stay away from Quck-Lube places whenever possible.

·
Registered
116 Posts
vlad_a said:
P.S.
Why, I went cheap for an oil change, to a local Toyota dealer, paid $20 for a change and got a free gift.

Next day when I opened the hood to wash the engine compartment (do so after every oil change), there was a nice new tool placed next to the engine, by the wheel strut. It was the guys at the shop thanking me for trusting in their abilities who left me the free tool to remove oil filter. Maybe they thought I can do a better job myself?

Hey, they even initialed it for me!

As you can see, going to a Quick Lube place can end up in a free gift. Why not? :lol:

Ever since this episode, I'm back with Lex people. Don't really know why I strayed since I had it so good in the first place... Saving a few bucks may not be worth it in the long run :shame:

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
Well, you can still save some money and get high quality job done.
It is called DIY. :wink:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jag3er said:
vlad_a said:
P.S.
Why, I went cheap for an oil change, to a local Toyota dealer, paid $20 for a change and got a free gift.

Next day when I opened the hood to wash the engine compartment (do so after every oil change), there was a nice new tool placed next to the engine, by the wheel strut. It was the guys at the shop thanking me for trusting in their abilities who left me the free tool to remove oil filter. Maybe they thought I can do a better job myself?

Hey, they even initialed it for me!

As you can see, going to a Quick Lube place can end up in a free gift. Why not? :lol:

Ever since this episode, I'm back with Lex people. Don't really know why I strayed since I had it so good in the first place... Saving a few bucks may not be worth it in the long run :shame:
$20 vs $100 is not just a few bucks.
It's getting reamed up the ying yang.

Besides, I don't get your point? How is it not worth it?

·
8,827 Posts
^^^^
Where is your sence of humor?.. :-? What is there so hard to understand?.. :-? Free tool in the engine compartment. :lol: :roll:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Peter_Klim said:
This is what one of those quick lube places told me I need to get done:

Fuel injection/emissions -$65
Transmission fluid exchange/filter service- $110
Power steering fluid - $70
Differential Fluid -$35

Car has 62K miles on it. Are these things really necessary for regular maintenance?

According to our maintenance book, it seems brake fluid and sparks plugs are the only thing I need to get replaced (besides the things not mentioned here that I already had done).
Man those prices arn't any cheaper than Lexus.

Mike[/b]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.