Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the link:
http://www.i-m-racing.com/alblachousta.html

it says no reflection, does that mean flat black JDM tails?.. i was just wondering cuz im looking for the JDM flat black tail lights, not the 02 model style of the JDM black chrome tails..i dont wanna get something that isnt right...

also, can anyone help me find some close up pics of the JDM smoked inner tail light circles? thanks a ton guys..

(btw, ive done searches and have found pics of the flat black JDM tails, and i have also seen them in person.. i was just wondering if anyone had experience from this site in the link above.. also, i cant find any good pics of the JDM smoked inner circles no matter where i look.. again, thanks all..)

·
Registered
820 Posts
I paid 200 for mine, when I put them next to the 2002 black chrome, mine look, much much muck darker, edgy also purchased from the same guy but his were exactly like the 2002. Maybe I got lucky, i bought them from Akitas a ebay member from Japan.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Hey Dave...

It sounds to good to be true... But you never know!!! I would give a call there and speak to someone there who knows about the tail lights real good.... Just to be safe if you decide to order.. I have usually seen them go for about $550...

Here is the website you have been looking for with smoked inner tails.... They have lots of other goodies too.. :D
Don't forget to check out the other products/links in the left hand tool bar as well..

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/lexusparts/lexus.html

It is a pretty good site... Some prices are resonable and some are not...

Talk to you lata..

Joe Z :chill:

·
Registered
360 Posts
bashar368 said:
I paid 200 for mine, when I put them next to the 2002 black chrome, mine look, much much muck darker, edgy also purchased from the same guy but his were exactly like the 2002. Maybe I got lucky, i bought them from Akitas a ebay member from Japan.
Hey, can you post the part numbers for the flat black tails? I want to buy them, but am afraid that I'll end up getting the exact same 2002 chrome tails I have on the car now. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
If they are the flat black ones tell us, I want some bad! Oh yeah, pm chin kwan he can get them, but I think his are the chrome one's 8)

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Sheliz300 Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are black chrome.... you won't get the flat back for less than $500

AGREED!

I GAVE UP FOR NOW.... 500 PLUS FOR TAILS!

FUGGIT I'LL WAIT UNTILL one of our .net geniuses figgers out how to split them & paint them....

edGy

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hmmm....From the description it says that they are not the 2002 chrome..it says "darker than 2002 chrome" .......but they dont say 249.99 for the pair.....I bet they are 250 a piece.....

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Zor Prime said:
Hmmm....From the description it says that they are not the 2002 chrome..it says "darker than 2002 chrome" .......but they dont say 249.99 for the pair.....I bet they are 250 a piece.....
Don't believe everything you hear.... I've bought TWO sets of "flat black" tails after I was 100% assured that they were FLAT BLACK..... *cough* TOYOTA *cough*...... they were black chrome. All I can say is make sure you know what you're buying and save yourself the time and $$$$.

Don't give up just yet edgy ;)

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Funny i got the SAME DEAL from an ebay seller... but i only got burned 1x... & i lerned my lesson....

the fokker SWORE up & down thru many emails & questions to pin him down that i was getting the FLAT BLACK ONES THAT WERE PICTURED IN HIS AD!!!

& STILL the dick sent black chrome! :pissed: :pissed:

Allright Sheliz......... lets just say i am monitoring the situation but not actively pursuing them again at the moment......... :wink:

keeping me eyes open tho...

edgy

·
Registered
807 Posts
I put in a bid for a dash tray ($89) and won the auction put up by KINAUTO. I inquired about second day shipping prior to the close of the auction with no response. When I submitted my total request, I got no response (twice now). I have also sent 2 requests via email to Now, 8 days later, I still have not received a response yet (4 requests so far), nor a total for 2nd shipping and the item.

I would NOT recommend that you bid on any items posted by KINAUTO. If you read their other feedback (positive mostly), a lot of people have complained about 10-18 day delivery times.

·
Registered
360 Posts
bashar368 said:
I don't know if it's the yellow Paint, but mine look much much darker than any black chrome I've seen, Even on a yellow IS
I've kind of noticed that the black chrome lights look much darker from the side of the car. When you look straight at the back of the car, for some reason, they look lighter. I think the flat black tails aren't like that. Those are nice rims, by the way. Are they the BBS?

As for Ebay... I've emailed pretty much every person selling the "Black tail lights". None of the sellers that I have asked have been positive about whether or not the lights they are selling are the same as the 2002 black chrome, so I figure it's better safe than sorry.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
i actually got something from "Kinauto" or what ever w no prollems

it was "Akitas" that i feel jacked me after i spent way too much time verifying over & over what i wanted & tha he really did have it... he used pics of the flat black ones to sell me black chromes
check his feedback i left a scalding one i'm the ONLY negative....

I say again.......DICK

Damn you Bashar!!!! Swap tails with me ya beysterd! :p

yers ARE DEFINITELY a touch darker BC than mine/ Most i've seen :eek:

I think some of the J-spec BC ones ARE DARKER BC but the one he sent me are JUST like the US spec ones i got earlier......

less swap em broyer yello is so freakin bright it'll make the ones i have look black as shite too...... :crazy:

... pretty please.........c'mon,...i'll twist ya up a freakin' BOMBER!!!
:chill: :roll: :p :eek:

:lol: 8) :wink:

EdG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
massaker
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing