Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look guys I am not in any way bashing on any of you but from my obsevations on this web board most of you guys seem a bit on the immature side. I mean if language and topic of discussion were good indicators then that is what I would be lead to believe. It seems as though the IS drivers on this forum are maybe a little younger at heart. Anyway, It is just an observation. On the S2000 forum that I visit frequently the owners are a little more laid back and are there to discuss the S2000 and not saying F this and F that. It sounds more like a Gangster forum than a car forum.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You know the old saying, "The most obvious answer is usually the right one?" If that holds true, the obvious answer is because an older crowd buys S2000s, while a younger one buys an IS.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well you know lexus marketed this car for a younger fan base! If were to imature for you dont post on the board, this is what us younger folks call player hatin' , so why dont you go somewhere you will be happy you can talk about passing grey poupon back in forth, or whatever you civilized people talk about. As for us we'll keep it gangsta!!!!!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by TebbNSX:
Look guys I am not in any way bashing on any of you but from my obsevations on this web board most of you guys seem a bit on the immature side. I mean if language and topic of discussion were good indicators then that is what I would be lead to believe. It seems as though the IS drivers on this forum are maybe a little younger at heart. Anyway, It is just an observation. On the S2000 forum that I visit frequently the owners are a little more laid back and are there to discuss the S2000 and not saying F this and F that. It sounds more like a Gangster forum than a car forum.

well from you observation you will know what almost every forum will have some immature online gangster that sits behind the screen talking smack. it is obvious this site has its share, but you have to know that if you want information on an IS300, there are more information of the car on this site than all other is300 info websites combined. there are those who come here to just get information. and some of us are here to stay, kind of like a second home. and if you want to talk about riot, go the the bmw or tl forum. alot of cool people there, but alot of immaturity also.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Overall (with a few exceptions) this site is pretty good discussion wise. If you don't read The Parking Lot, it's rarely any worse than most forums (again, there have been a few exceptions). The Lot is meant to be a place of general debauchery, so if that's not your thing...

I will admit I was originally surprised by the average age of the people who frequent this forum, and I have to say that Lexus missed their mark a bit in their target audience...

Scrap.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by SilverLex:
You know the old saying, "The most obvious answer is usually the right one?" If that holds true, the obvious answer is because an older crowd buys S2000s, while a younger one buys an IS.
Heh I want one of BOTH in my garage when I get out of school.

As for Darkz, you should lighten up a little, he was just making an observation.

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Patrick89 ]

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
guys, i dont think he came here with the intention of bashing, he just pointed out some flaws and that's fine. give him a break.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I keep a jar of Grey Poupon in the glove compartment, does that count?

Seriously Tebb, why be at all concerned about the apparent maturity of IS owners as displayed in these forums?

1. Internet personas rarely correspond to real-life personas...

2. Internet forums are rarely accurate cross-sections of real-life populations, and...

3. Why care about who other owners may be? Frankly, I buy a car based on what it is, not who else made the same choice for their own reasons, some possibly valid and some possibly misguided. I don't buy a car so I could fraternize w/the other owners. That might happen after-the-fact, but it has zero bearing in my assessment of the car.

Anyways, on the forum-reading level one just separates the wheat from the chaff. It's nothing new or difficult, as most of us do that on a daily basis in real-life. Having some sort of adverse reaction to the presence of chaff is an allergy, figuratively and literally. And understand that an allergy is a fault within the self, not with the world.

[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: DtEW ]

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
AMEN~ to all those long replyers(good replys)
yes, this form sounds lil immature, but there is a highly intellectual ones(and goooood info's) parts... u just gotta know that...
i just wanna say this w/o offending but it kinda sounds a bit aggressive...

If u think this place is fuct up, fuc|< off!

no offence, just a quote from one of my firends

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
well in defense of all the NON-GANGSTER swearing G's in this forum... (hahahah did I just type that?) and did someone really call us that? gangsters? I for one am not a gangbanger LOl acually to be quite honest and serious, I think alot of ppl who come on this board talk smack dont even own IS's ....this is not a comment that is directed towards anyone imparticular just saying that is how I feel and see it... so please dont come to our house and talk crap on the fellow owners and hardworking ppl who pay alot of money for a nice car...

my .02

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by fairuza11:
well in defense of all the NON-GANGSTER swearing G's in this forum... (hahahah did I just type that?) and did someone really call us that? gangsters? I for one am not a gangbanger LOl acually to be quite honest and serious, I think alot of ppl who come on this board talk smack dont even own IS's ....this is not a comment that is directed towards anyone imparticular just saying that is how I feel and see it... so please dont come to our house and talk crap on the fellow owners and hardworking ppl who pay alot of money for a nice car...

my .02

brian, i think i said gangster first, therefore i am an IS300.net gangster. quit bitting.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
WHA WHA... Im a F'uck'in Hip Hoppin, weed smokin welfare collecting Gangsta outta N.Y.C. so wha tha F'uck is up wit you homie? You can't live wit dat, then come here lemme bus-a-cap in yo azz and bitch and curse some mo! If you wondering how i got my IS... I jacked this polite well spoken gentlemen the otha day like BLAWWW! and jus took his shiz NY Stylez.
So now I can hope to get a record deal off the publicity on this site.

TebbNSX... you wanna be a gangsta deep down admit it

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Threads like this make me embarrassed to be associated with any of y'all, let this thread die.

·
11,061 Posts
Tebb, look at it this way, it's just a bunch of raunchy young guys having fun (off colour and otherwise) and few of us odd balls who are amused and enjoy giving them a bad time. (I HAVE learned a few things...some more useful than others.)

The common denominator is that we all love our cars...

Oh, I'm the IS300.net "Mom"

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: SeattleSheila ]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts