Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found several rr bumper lips & full bumper replacements from Japan that i really like.

do these fit our US spec cars properly...?

i know some fit better than others but do we have the same problem like with all the JDM spec Front bumpers & lips ... that they are just too short...... etc....???

Thanks for the help folks.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Re: Are JDM spec Rr bumper replacement/Lips the same as U.S.

edgy said:
I found several rr bumper lips & full bumper replacements from Japan that i really like.

do these fit our US spec cars properly...?

i know some fit better than others but do we have the same problem like with all the JDM spec Front bumpers & lips ... that they are just too short...... etc....???

Thanks for the help folks.
Our JDM Spec bumpers are shorter than your US Spec ones, since we don't need crash bars...

Matt 8)

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
irv_usc said:
you will have to cut your exhaust piping or risk looking like a rice cake
Thats not true. all the exhausts are made for SXE/GXE-10 spec cars. they look great with the short JDM bumpers.

An HKS and a Tanabe exhaust will look like how the new PFS Turbo exhaust fits the bumper. I think stickin out 2-3inches looks good!

rice that!! :lol: Oh if 2-3inches is what u guys call a "woody" you guys must be asian :lol:

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
irv_usc said:
you will have to cut your exhaust piping or risk looking like a rice cake
Thats not true. all the exhausts are made for SXE/GXE-10 spec cars. they look great with the short JDM bumpers.

An HKS and a Tanabe exhaust will look like how the new PFS Turbo exhaust fits the bumper. I think stickin out 2-3inches looks good!

rice that!! :lol: Oh if 2-3inches is what u guys call a "woody" you guys must be asian :lol:
:lol: it's all a matter of taste man.. i prefer 1 inch max protrusion from the bumper...just thinking of all the hondas and VWs around here that have the tips that stick way past the bumper and then bend upward...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.