Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive replaced my springs and exhaust with aftermarket parts and am wondering if i can get any money out of the OEM parts. My car has 119K on it currently so would they be worth anything with such high milage?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I'd check ebay. To me Ebay sets the baseline price on used OEM parts. Just got a front subframe for $95. It's in better shape than my stock one.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'd check ebay. To me Ebay sets the baseline price on used OEM parts. Just got a front subframe for $95. It's in better shape than my stock one.
I'm curious on what you're planning next? What are you going to be doing to the front subframe of your car? Is it going to be similarly setup to the rear?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I'm thinking LS Swap and if you notice most LS swaps with front sump pans require that the pan be modded to fit the crossmember. I'm going to try re-shaping the center of the crossmember to fit the LS pan without having to mod the pan. My feeling is pan mods for a track car are simply asking for trouble. The LS's already have oil starvation issues that need to be addressed when used on track.

I actually got the idea from researching Miata engine swaps. For the V8's they completely hollow out the center of the cross member to make room for the oil pan. They use DOM tubing instead of sheet metal to maintain the strength.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts