Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning this car 7 years i finally got an engine check light on the dash, checked the code and it comes up as P0155 for the B2S1 upstream oxygen sensor. Apart from the length of the wires is there any difference between the bank 1 and bank 2 sensor?

Also I am guessing no one here will know if the Altezza will be the same as the IS? RockAuto is way cheaper to buy than the local vendors, but they dont have Altezza listed :sneaky: .

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
864 Posts
I am 99% sure they are the same sensor aside from wiring length.

·
Mr. Roo
9,886 Posts
yes the sensors, wire length, and connectors are the same for the two that plug in at the front of the car. The one for the floor ,is different because it has a seal to pass through the floor. I think the connector is different on the one at the back of the engine too for some reason now that I think about it, I had to splice that connector in

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok just had a look and the connectors are slightly different for some reason, same pin layout but the divider between them is different for some reason.

Is there a trick to access the B2S1 sensor? Its jammed between the firewall and the exhaust with not much access room. The last one i did was fairly easy to access with a 22mm spanner, this one i cant get the spanner in there from the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts