Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it up easily? Lexus is charging $140 for an alignment, and if it's pretty easy to do, I was thinking of going somewhere cheaper.

Isn't that a pretty steep price for alignment?

Would Toyota be significantly cheaper?

How much is a decent price for alignment?

(I know some of you might say, "You bought a $30K car and you're trying to save $80...well, I leased it, and I don't make too much money.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
You could always call around and see what other places will charge. If the place seems shady, you could always check with the BBB to see if any complaints have been logged. Good luck!

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
Re: Are alignments pretty much the same, or can you really f

Filter said:
it up easily? Lexus is charging $140 for an alignment, and if it's pretty easy to do, I was thinking of going somewhere cheaper.

(I know some of you might say, "You bought a $30K car and you're trying to save $80...well, I leased it, and I don't make too much money.)

Hello Filter :lol:

$140 for an alignment?! :eek:

I also heard that the 15,000 mile service will cost around $600 to $700. Is that true?

Good night.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Are alignments pretty much the same, or can you really f

MY IS300 said:
Filter said:

Hello Filter :lol:

$140 for an alignment?! :eek:

I also heard that the 15,000 mile service will cost around $600 to $700. Is that true?

Good night.
Nah, not $600-$700...mine only set me back about $450 :eek: :pissed:
was also the last time I took it to the dealership...

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
$140 is rather steep for an alignment even from Lexus. I had mine done at the Lexus dealer and it was only $80.

Best bet...is to find a reputable place that uses a laser guided computer 4-wheel alignment rack. If you see the place chalking tires and such...then it's def. not a computerized system. :lol:

Ask for a before and after alignement readout. Make sure the numbers are within the specs listed and that there is change before and after. I once took it to a place and they said they aliged it but the number barely moved and I found out they had a new guy using the rack and didn't adjust squat (on my old car).

Also, don't be afraid to negotiate...even Lexus prices are flexible. Say that another dealer offered a lower price.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I am getting my alignment done this Fri at Longo Lexus and they said it would cost $99. I figured I would get it done at Longo because they are repuitable and if any problems come up in the future I can bitch to them (I also bought my car from them).

·
Registered
467 Posts
i got my alignment done at lexus and if u r lower then 2in u might have a problem getting on the ramp. i dont know how other shops have there setups.

stick said:
matic said:
yes as long as u can get on the ramp.

Frydryce said:
will the lexus dealer do alignments on cars with coilovers? or modified suspensions?
What is the ramp and how steep is it? My car has coilovers and it is dropped, but not slammed--do you think that will cause problems?

·
Registered
58 Posts
for those who brought lowered your car to lexus to have it aligned..did you guys ever told by them that since that car is lowered, they can align it? I have an eibach on mine and when i brought it to lexus they told me they couldn't align mine because it's lowered. So, i brought mine to a tire store and they align it just fine. Anyone has the same experience? Thx.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I take it to the dealer for most everything, except when it comes to suspension or wheel/tire work they may not be the best out there.
For the price and expertise, go to a good wheel shop, ask around for recommendations if you see people with nice rims. They usually specialize in 4 wheel alignment and high speed on car wheel balancing, stuff like that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You can go anywhere, just ask what kind of machine they are using. Every place that does alignment will have the factory specs. on their computer. Best place to go is places that have the new "hunter" alignment machine. Most places around me in the Bay Area do a 4-wheel alignment for $50 bucks according to factory specs.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just had my IS aligned today...

Lexus wanted $90, so I took it to Goodyear. They have a computer system and the cost was $55. I also received a print out of the alignment.

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
jetstar
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing