Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. Anyone over 100k lemme know please.
T.I.A.
Brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
999 Posts
It's a Lexus/Toyota...if you're good to it and do all the required maintenance, it'll run you 200,000 miles no sweat. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,292 Posts
No worries, pal. Take care of the car and it will take care of you. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
maybe a little off topic but what are the worries of having 100k miles and deciding to turbo the car?
 

·
Dr. JDM
Joined
·
9,332 Posts
why do people worry about this? don't you see old buicks and fords rolling around from decades ago? it's fine!
 
  • Like
Reactions: bganson

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,324 Posts
chado said:
why do people worry about this? don't you see old buicks and fords rolling around from decades ago? it's fine!
those cars were built better, try finding a solid running buick or ford from the late 90's. good luck to ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Just make sure you get your timing belt replaced. I find it amusing when cars go through more than one tbelt. I put one on a SC400 at around 376,000 miles. That is quite a few belts doing them around every 90k.

Eric
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,254 Posts
chado said:
why do people worry about this? don't you see old buicks and fords rolling around from decades ago? it's fine!
Yeah but have you heard the saying "they dont build them like they used to" ??? which is precisely why GM is going bankrupt now. Everyone's sick of horribly made American shit cars except the die hard red neck republicans who think its treason to buy anything but an American made car.
Me_1 said:
Just like the title says. Anyone over 100k lemme know please.
T.I.A.
Brandon
The point is, the IS uses a 2JZ-GE engine which is not the same 6 cylinder that is used in the V6 Toyotas/Lexus'. The only other cars w/ this engine are the SC300, the GS300, and the Toyota Supra.

It is a bullet proof engine. As I posted early this year, the 2JZ is like a diesel engine, it is just broken in at 100K. Realistically if you dont get cheap on the mantainance or on the gas, the car will last 200K-300K without any major thing having to be replaced.

I cant tell you how many SC300s I have seen with even 300K + miles on them are they are running perfectly. The best is my 70 year old neighbor who has a pearl white SC300, looks like its straight from the showroom, he just pampers the HELL out of it. I found out last week it has 415,000 miles on the original engine & the second transmission. The car looks like it has maybe ten thousand miles on it :) lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,615 Posts
vwluv10338 said:
Just make sure you get your timing belt replaced. I find it amusing when cars go through more than one tbelt. I put one on a SC400 at around 376,000 miles. That is quite a few belts doing them around every 90k.

Eric
Our car doesn't have a timing belt, and don't worry about 100K miles, that's nothing, just get your regular maintainence and the car will be running clean until at least 300K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
okay so worst case scenario...

you don't keep up on the maintenance. just change the oil and the air filter as necessary.

what should a person worry about at 100K?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,292 Posts
If I give a person bread and water till 100k, do you think that person will survive? there are other things the car needs besides doing an LOF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
My SC300 has 193k and trust me you will be fine these things RUN FOR EVER alomost LOL yea my SC runs great just keep up with oil changes maintenance and you will be fine. my SC all i did was put oil in it and had no problems i have given up on fixinf it b ecause i have my IS and i;m behind on some maintenance and it runs fine dont worry its a LEXUS not a beemer they run up to 80k and then die LOL

Amanda

www.myspace.com/a_sweet_angel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,081 Posts
IS300Angel said:
My SC300 has 193k and trust me you will be fine these things RUN FOR EVER alomost LOL yea my SC runs great just keep up with oil changes maintenance and you will be fine. my SC all i did was put oil in it and had no problems i have given up on fixinf it b ecause i have my IS and i;m behind on some maintenance and it runs fine dont worry its a LEXUS not a beemer they run up to 80k and then die LOL

Amanda

www.myspace.com/a_sweet_angel

SC pictures? any mods?





i have no personal experience with 100k vehicles, so im sorry i cant really contribute to the original post. but if hearsay serves me right, i doubt youll have any problems being that its a toyota. just keep servicing on a scheduled basis and you should be good to go for awhile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
ISZach said:
Our car doesn't have a timing belt, and don't worry about 100K miles, that's nothing, just get your regular maintainence and the car will be running clean until at least 300K.
Um, they DO have timing belts. They need to be changed every 90K miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Nope, just make sure the timing belt is changed on time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
Sorry for bringing up an older post but does anyone know what the highest mileage IS300 on the forum is?
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top