Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think it's about time to quiet down and ditch the Dragger II... I wanted to know if anyone on here has the Mazzuri system paired up with an Apexi WS2? I've heard clips of the Apexi on a stock header system but none on an aftermarket one... Anyone have any idea if it would be loud or raspy? AND I also read in here that it actually decreases torque? If so that sucks.

·
13,727 Posts
I thought the Dragger was a quiet exhaust? Do you think the Apex is going to be quieter? If you want quiet pick up the Tanabe Touring or HKS Ti Limited.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
when paired with the mazzuri, the drager is one of the loudest.

i have also considered swapping my drager for an apexi to cut down on the loudness. apexi is widely known to be the quietest/most stock sounding aftermarket exhaust...they are comparible to l-tuned (which are no longer made). i would love to hear an answer to this as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Stillen exhaust, thats pretty quiet with stock headers at least.
Sounds like Z350 when you get up in the RPMs

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yeah isn't the Tanabe Touring quiet? I think it looks really nice too. Classy nice rounded tip and what not.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah isn't the Tanabe Touring quiet? I think it looks really nice too. Classy nice rounded tip and what not.
There have been 1 or 2 users that had the tanabe touring but still found it too loud. I believe one went to a custom 2 muffler Borla system.

I decided on the WS2 after reading other reviews and finding a few videos online. It's been too cold to install everything, I'll post when I get time and the weather plays nice.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the Mazzuri and HKS Carbon-Ti Exhaust its a very nice setup. When your cruising down the freeway. Its very quite and it also depends on how much you gas up. When cruising you lightly tap the gas and keep the car moving. It sounds like the exhaust is not even noticeable. From a dig it has a very nice tone. As long as you keep below 3,000rpm. Its not that loud. But when you open full throttle omg the car sounds amazing! Well I Hope this helps.:cool:

·
Registered
827 Posts
post a video^ haha

·
Registered
371 Posts
Not to many responses, but maybe this will help. I had a high flow cat, thin walled y-pipe, headers and apex-i WS2 exahust on my old 95 Maxima. When the car was all stock except the WS2 catback, the car sounded deep but smooth with no raspiness. When I threw that highflow cat and aftermarket y-pipe, and headers the car was loud and sounded terrible, lots of raspiness, almost like a modified V8. Lets just say the neighbors didn't like it, and I hated it. So my opinion is the WS2 will also be loud and raspy. But this is just based on my experience with that catback setup. When I put the stock piping and oem header back on, the WS2 sounded great again. I think those headers are just going to make your exhaust a fair amount louder than stock and there is nothing you can really do about it. Some people may disagree, but I think we all have different concepts of what "loud" is.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
#1: Tanabe Touring is way expensive and I've heard it's kinda raspy... #2: Yeah the Dragger is really loud when paired with Mazzuri... #3:HKS Ti-Limited would be sweet but it's also more than the WS2 and I'm not a fan of the huge blue tip that sticks out off the bumper... #4:What about Rod Millen?... And #5: Where can you get a Stillen exhaust?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually I take back what I said on #1 in the previous post... I watched a couple videos and it doesn't sound too bad... Atleast alot better than what I have now... If only it wasn't $600.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
From video clips they apexi is the quietest ive heard. More quiet than l-tuned.

As for how it sounds with the mazzuri, im waiting to hear something. If its still quiet im getting them both. If not, im just gonna get the mazzuri header. I want my car to only be the littlest bit of loud over stock. Hopefully reefer will install his soon and let us know.

There is actually a stillen exhaust for sale in the FS section.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I'm stuck between Apexi WS2 or Tanabe Touring Medalion... Does not one person have a WS2 paired with any kind of header?

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
As far as quietness goes...

Tanabe Touring Medalion.
HKS TI Limited
L-Tuned

Those are your choices for giving the Lexus it's deserved quietness. You will be happy with any. I'm personally going to pair the TI Limited If not an L-Tuned with Mazzuri.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i just bought a WS2... and ihave Xerd headers and Y pipe... once i get them in ill post a vid (probably this weekend or next week)

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
From video clips they apexi is the quietest ive heard. More quiet than l-tuned.

As for how it sounds with the mazzuri, im waiting to hear something. If its still quiet im getting them both. If not, im just gonna get the mazzuri header. I want my car to only be the littlest bit of loud over stock. Hopefully reefer will install his soon and let us know.

There is actually a stillen exhaust for sale in the FS section.
Bingo! and yes I have paired it with the mazzuri 3"

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
As far as quietness goes...

Tanabe Touring Medalion.
HKS TI Limited
L-Tuned

Those are your choices for giving the Lexus it's deserved quietness. You will be happy with any. I'm personally going to pair the TI Limited If not an L-Tuned with Mazzuri.
I am willing to put money on the WS Apexi being quieter than any of the ones you mentioned when you have headers.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I also read some people saying they thought they lost torque when they put the WS2 on... Haven't heard that about the Tanabe though...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts