Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apexi S - AFC .... is that the same thing as the ECU SRT provides with their intake? The piggy back ecu that comes with the SRT intake.. is that the same thing as the S AFC from APEXI?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The S-AFC / AFC gives you much more control over heavy breathing mods. You can also lean your car out to dangerous levels if you aren't careful and often dealerships don't like these as much as the SRT ECU because at least that ECU (which does sort of what you could do with an AFC, to a limited degree)... is controlled by the manufacturer. That's been my experience with my dealership at least.

AFC is ultimately better and more controllable and upgradable, especially if you want to harness the maximum benefit from a header/midpipe/etc

:wink:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but does the S-AFC replace the SRT ECU? or can you have both running? because i ordered the S-AFC and was wonder if i get the SRT intake ... would the ECU that comes with it even be needed. if its not.... i was thinking of going Injen

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
nrkht said:
but does the S-AFC replace the SRT ECU? or can you have both running? because i ordered the S-AFC and was wonder if i get the SRT intake ... would the ECU that comes with it even be needed. if its not.... i was thinking of going Injen
you cant run both srt ecu and s-afc together if you want to use the afc then just get the injen

goodluck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.