Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasup everyone.
i just installed my apexi n1 cat back exhaust. AWESOME!.. thats the only word i can use to describe it.. it included the exhaust section and a b pipe section , of which i have both installed. i took out the silencer and MAN! this exhaust sounds sooo bad ass..i definately felt the power right after the install.

special props to FRED, (YellowIS5spd), for the great deal. $390 pick up, and $55 if you want it shipped. There are a few more left at this price, so if you guys are interested, let him know..

i had the xerd/ blitz combo before this setup and all i can say is that the sound is 100 times better, there feels like NO power has been lost, and the apexi n1 cat back DOES hang higher than the blitz by a good inch..

if some one can host them, i have pics.

david

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is pretty dam loud.. but it sounds just awesome.. im loving it.. no silencer yet.. tho i might put it on when i go out on dates.. then again.. :wink:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
dpatterson069 said:
special props to FRED, (YellowIS5spd), for the great deal. $390 pick up, and $55 if you want it shipped. There are a few more left at this price, so if you guys are interested, let him know..
Thanks David

No problem at all. I can host your picture for a while. check your PM

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Wow...That Apex looks nice, and it doesn't hang too low like the Hiper :-? I might consider getting one of those now :eek:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
irv_usc said:
man this exhaust sounds mean... i want one now.. dunno if i want to spend money on another exhaust though..
You could always sell your Hiper and cover the rest :wink:

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
edgy said:
hey dave ... looks good how is the sound... compared to a hiper etc etc.....

deep & low or higher i nthe range...??

edg
this exhaust sounds really AWESOME. there doesn't seem to be as much drone as a hiper, and the sound is pretty comparable.. i don't think it is quite as deep as the hiper, but definitely loud..

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the apexi is definately louder than the blitz.. lol

as far as louder than the hiper,.. i dont think so.. although it is really loud right after you get off the freeway.

the exhaust is mostly straight and has just a little bend.. it comes with its own b pipe which has no real resonator like the stock b pipe.. thats why i think its soo loud..

drone is not that bad.. unless you are always pushing on the gas pedal., on cruise control, it is just fine at 70mph..

my only concern is that the bend in the piping is close to a bar/support brace under the car..

http://mailhost.mpglaw.com/webfolder/634/dpproblem.jpg

http://mailhost.mpglaw.com/webfolder/634/dpPICT0004.jpg

as you can see in those pics, where the circles are, im afraid that it might be hitting occasionally under hard braking circumstances.. from what i can hear however, there is no rattle.. even late at night, under slow ass acceleration, i couldnt hear anything.. no rattle yet.. although once i had to slam on the brakes due to an old woman and i hear a little thunk, but that was about it..under normal/ harder braking, its still secure..

it DOES hang very high tho.. higher than the blitz for sure..

and i had the xerd and blitz before, but i can honestly say there was almost no power loss when i put in the apexi and b pipe..

it feels just about the same.. tho i am gonna look into a new y pipe to really beef up the power now..

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Wow :eek: That is pretty close, and you say you haven't heard any rattles yet under normal driving?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine it rattles once in a while I am still finding a way to fix the rattle. Any suggestion???

·
Registered
989 Posts
well here is a ghetto way of stoping the rattle, put something that doesnt catch on fire between it, giving it know room to move around.

hahaha it will work

·
Registered
989 Posts
well here is a ghetto way of stoping the rattle, put something that doesnt catch on fire between it, giving it no room to move around.

hahaha it will work

1 - 20 of 22 Posts