Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have the N1 or the GT Spec?

What is performance gain like? how do they sound? Does performance come low end or high end or across all rpm? Would you go with the N1 or the Greddy EVO?

I'm trying to decide between N1, GT spec or Evo

Thanks.

·
Registered
765 Posts
hey whats up man. well if your interested i am selling a brand new never used Apexi N1 catback exhaust system for 390.00. It has a small blemish on the bottom rear part of the can from crappy packaging to me when shipped. The blemish is the size of a quarter. Performance wise its 100% and cosmetically its 95%. its a beautiful exhaust system. the price includes the silencer also if you want it. You will find great gains in power from this exhaust. pm me if you want it. i'm trying to get rid of it.--matt

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I see that you have a Greddy Evo, so you'd prefer to have the Evo than the N1?

What about the APEX'i GT Spec? What's the difference there? I didn't see a lot of info on the APEX'i web site.

Can everyone give a comparison? I know the Greddy Evo has 2.5 inch diameter piping, while N1 has 3 inches? So is the GT Spec 3 1/2" inch? Would 3 1/2" inches seriously deplete low end torque?

Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the N1. Performance wise i really cannot tell any difference, maybe a slight lost of low end torque. As for the sound, it was not loud enough for my taste before i added the Toyomoto header and midpipe. However, the looks on this pipe is nice. The super huge tip can swallow a grapefruit and the canister hangs extremely high so you won't be scraping anything like the HKS unit.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I love my Greddy evo. i think its a great exhaust system. The thing is a paid alot more for that than the N1. I am satisfied with my greddy. now as for pipe size, 3 1/2 inches is highly doubtful. Now if it was and you weren't running and type of F/I i think it would deplete your torque a bit. i don't know if you got my PM about me sending pictures but if you want them i'll email you them. let me know. its a great buy. --matt

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i have the GT-Spec ... goto my WWW for pictures ...

performance wise, can't tell much difference, just sounds meaner ...

i have like a 2mm clearance between the exhause and the bumper, very nice fit ... however my GT Spec does rub on the rear cross member, so I had to wrap that section to get rid of the rattling ...

the car's acceleration is a bit slower off the line though

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
i have the n1 cat back and the sound is great. powerwise, i can feel some difference mostly up higher, but ive never felt the loss low end, esp from a start..
it feels good and sounds good.. so im happy with the purchase.. and yes, it does hang high, even higher than the blitz...

the n1 b pipe really helps give it that throaty sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.