Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another question, wut if i buy an apexi universal muffler, and get the piping custome made at an exhaust shop, would that be the same..or different as having an regular apexi exhaust? or, is tat a good idea at all?

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
there is really no point of that when you can just buy the brand that is already made for the is300. But if you do wanna be original and do that...go for it. Just be sure the price of that universal muffler and custom piping dont cost more than a regular branded exhaust otherwise you might as well....you know...get the branded one.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
That would be a good choice. I had that on my old car and was very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
andyyyy said:
another question, wut if i buy an apexi universal muffler, and get the piping custome made at an exhaust shop, would that be the same..or different as having an regular apexi exhaust? or, is tat a good idea at all?
It really depends... i personally think it would be the same as buying the Apexi N1 system if you just buy their muffler and get custom piping as long as you get it done at a shop that knows what they are doing... but some people might argue that the Apexi N1 system is CAD design blah blah blah most straight exhuast for maxium flow blah blah blah it has lots of R&D from Apexi a very repuatable exhuast builder and design blah blah blah...

·
Registered
425 Posts
The apexi muffler is about $220+ what they charge you for the custom piping. If you're doing it to save money, i think you will be close if not the same for the full exhaust. For $409 why don't you just order it from intensepower.com If wan't bigger piping then the 2.5" then go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts