Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the HKS Hiper rear section on my IS and I like it but it is not deep/noticeable enough for me. I heard the Apexi N1 on another IS and is sounded REALLY MEAN/DEEP, it was exactly what I wanted. I do not know too much about Apexi products. Anyone here that actually has the N1 or any other Apexi exhaust, please advise. Any information is appreciated!

·
Registered
302 Posts
My Friend Has An Apexi Exhaust On His Car Its Pretty Loud But With A Good Tone...i Guess In General Apexi Exhausts Are Loud....

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
first off, Apex'i is one of the most reputable, and release a line of products that undergo a series of test to perfect them, and make sure that the general public will benefit the most from their performance products.

the Apex'i N1, is a 3inch straight exhaust, good for NA or boosted applications, its amazing. with the muffler alone welded onto the stock exhaust, my exhaust was still considerably louder than many ppl's IS's....i now have an even louder one =D

anyways, this stainless steel exhaust from apexi will definitely satisfy you, it is DEEP, and doesnt give the raspy tone at all..u will be very please...

best of luck,
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Actually the Apexi N1 for IS300 doesn't have 3" piping... it's only 2.5" piping catback...

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
hrmmm sorry..i might have read wrong then..but still =D

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Id say switch to a xerd racepipe....chriscarlos' car sound pretty deep and mean. He has a hyper + xerd racepipe. I would recommend you to do that instead of buying a new exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
in 2 more weeks i get my apexi N1... i been doing researching on it right now :)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
this thread is very handy for me, i will subscribe :) thanks for making the thread lol

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
first off, Apex'i is one of the most reputable, and release a line of products that undergo a series of test to perfect them, and make sure that the general public will benefit the most from their performance products.

the Apex'i N1, is a 3inch straight exhaust, good for NA or boosted applications, its amazing. with the muffler alone welded onto the stock exhaust, my exhaust was still considerably louder than many ppl's IS's....i now have an even louder one =D

anyways, this stainless steel exhaust from apexi will definitely satisfy you, it is DEEP, and doesnt give the raspy tone at all..u will be very please...

best of luck,
-Aaron
dude, PLEASE stop spreading misinformation.

you dont work for apexi or any of the other companies that manufacture exhaust for you to make a judgement on thier manufacturing techniques and quality control.

THe apexi N1 does NOT have 3 inch piping and you are speaking about the exhaust like you designed it or have one.

BlueMicaIS, based on your sig, i believe you are Bijan and are the one going turbo soon. THe Apexi N1 WILL NOT be quiet in a turbo application as you will have a much more open exhaust manifold, no catalytic convertors and larger piping. Take that into consideration before you purchase this exhaust.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have the Apexi N1 and i love the way it sounds. It's not even loud with exhaust only but should open up with intake+headers. If you are really set on buying it, go to intensepower.com i believe they still might have it on sale for $409. You really can't go wrong weith this exhaust.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
hrmmm sorry..i might have read wrong then..but still =D
It also is not stainless. It is miled steel titanium particle coated.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all of the info... Even though I will be adding the turbo kit, I think it would be a nice decision to go with the Larger Apexi N1 muffler AND 3" mandrel bent piping... Anyone who thinks this is too much or may be wrong, please let me know!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the 3" N1 muffler on my car with 3" custome piping from the cat back (in preparation for my turbo). All I can say is WOW! This thing looks and sounds AWESOME! I get several compliments on the way it looks and sounds and after hearing and seeing a few of the other exhausts out there for the IS, I can say that this is my overall favorite. I am VERY happy with it. Just my 2 pennies.

·
Registered
824 Posts
MnIS300 said:
I have the 3" N1 muffler on my car with 3" custome piping from the cat back (in preparation for my turbo). All I can say is WOW! This thing looks and sounds AWESOME! I get several compliments on the way it looks and sounds and after hearing and seeing a few of the other exhausts out there for the IS, I can say that this is my overall favorite. I am VERY happy with it. Just my 2 pennies.
post up sound clip.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MnIS300 said:
Makes me feel a lot better! I just picked up my N1, I'm doing the same thing.. 3" custom piping mandrel bent.. getting it ready for my turbo setup coming in the next few weeks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BlueMicaIS said:
Makes me feel a lot better! I just picked up my N1, I'm doing the same thing.. 3" custom piping mandrel bent.. getting it ready for my turbo setup coming in the next few weeks!
Got my Apexi N1 3" muffler installed today with custom 3" mandrel bent piping.. All I can say is it LOOKS and SOUNDS AWESOMEEEEE!

This is exactly what I wanted, 3" custom tubing mandrel bent from the cat, back, and no more resonator, perfect look, perfect deep tone. VERY recommended.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Glad you are happy with it. I had it on my old car and the sound is great, and it looks nice too. I may end up switching to it again, I have the HKS Super Drager now.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
If you wanted to save some cash you could have picked up a hi-flow resonator from megan racing for like $50. Makes the car much deeper. But then you would have had 2.5" piping still.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts