Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was digging thru some boxes and found an almost new looking Circle Earth Grounding kit from Apexi taht came with the S13 I bought last summer.
My question is; Is this car specific? I believe it has 5 wires.
Has anyone isntalled this on their car? Any help on how to properly install would be appreciated such as proper points to bolt the wires.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty newb when it comes to electronics....I ahve read up a little bit on these and where to mount them.

Has anyone mounted one in an IS300? What are the best points to mount at? Basically anything solid metal on solid metal?...One wire goes to the battery?

·
1,334 Posts
I installed one of these a couple of years ago on my IS. If I remember I'll post up some pics tonite.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not to hijack the thread or anything... But hey MIKEDTRD, what kind of strut brace is that and where did you get it? Looks sweet, and I like to get one for my IS. Thanks!

To be on topic, I have heard a lot of good things about the grounding kits. And I did a DIY version when I put my stereo in my last car, and I have to say it did help. The car ran better, and the stereo sounded better...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My bad...It is actually an Apexi "Versa Cruise"...Big thanks on the images from miketrd i got it on in about 15min yesterday and I have to say it did liven the car up a little bit, barely noticable, but I get a bit clearer radio signal, and the eshift was a bit crisper....

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
My bad...It is actually an Apexi "Versa Cruise"...Big thanks on the images from miketrd i got it on in about 15min yesterday and I have to say it did liven the car up a little bit, barely noticable, but I get a bit clearer radio signal, and the eshift was a bit crisper....

Thanks!
I cant find it on their web site ??

Link please.

the "Super ground" seems like its just some heavy gauge ground wires and a capacitor hanging of the positive battery terminal. Maybe it has an over-voltage and spike protection but its to far away from what its trying to protect ( IE the ECU, controllers and Alt semiconductor components.)

To do any good the over voltage protection has to be on all the input and output leads and the power and Close to the ECU. Since we are not blowing up ECU's that suggests the inbuilt protection is just fine thank-you.

an expensive piece of jewelry ??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would also say not the most needed of items. If you only had $200 to spend it would not be the first item on the list, but if you already have some mods, and perhaps run a large stereo with alot of amps this might be a good idea. As I stated, I did feel a slight improvement in the car's response and clarity of the audio..Slight.
Apexi-USA - Super Ground Stabilizer
Apexi Super Ground Wires

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.