Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people have been asking for pics of the Apex-i Super Ground System installed so here they are!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Good job! I never seen it installed there before.

I was thinking about getting this, how are the instructions
it came with, good?

Or did you just have to pretty much improvise?

·
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job! I never seen it installed there before.

I was thinking about getting this, how are the instructions
it came with, good?

Or did you just have to pretty much improvise?
Thanks!

The instructions weren't too bad... pretty straight forward to install!

·
Registered
367 Posts
what do grounding kits do?

i installed dde's recently and whenever i get out of my car and touch the door, i get shocked... anyone know wtf is up?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

i installed dde's recently and whenever i get out of my car and touch the door, i get shocked... anyone know wtf is up?
LOL that must suck!

Hope you find the problem.

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts

Interesting. I get shocked by my door when I get out. I expect it now. :) I dont have DDE's

I was told, it could be you moving around on the seat and causing friction. :suspiciou I dont know if I believe that. Unless someone chimes in :)

·
Registered
15 Posts

might be a piece of clothing that you wear.. when i get out or the car, i get shocked everytime im about to shut the door. usually when i wear my polyester/nylon jacket tho. i wear my other jackets and it seems to be fine.. try others.. experiment a little..

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Interesting. I get shocked by my door when I get out. I expect it now. :) I dont have DDE's

I was told, it could be you moving around on the seat and causing friction. :suspiciou I dont know if I believe that. Unless someone chimes in :)
might be a piece of clothing that you wear.. when i get out or the car, i get shocked everytime im about to shut the door. usually when i wear my polyester/nylon jacket tho. i wear my other jackets and it seems to be fine.. try others.. experiment a little..

sometimes its that and also the shoes lol. Doesnt help when you have cloth seats too haha =(

I have a a grounding kit too but shit i still get shock? Hows the apexi one so far??

·
Registered
125 Posts
hahaha ground kit thread became a shock thread... =) anywase though, that ground kit looks nice. Where can I get one? How much improvement do you notice after install?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Your getting shocked by static friction. Must be the combination of your rugs and seat with the clothes you wear. Happens every now and then. As for the ground kit you will probably not notice too much in performance, but your electrical components will be a little more stable. If you got a full system and are getting "EMI" (electro magnetic interference) then a ground kit will do you some good to get rid that high pitch noise you may hear from your tweeters when you accelerate.

·
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Ya that is weird... I've had dde's installed and I've never got a shock once from my car... with or without the grounding kit...

Come to think about it I guess I installed the grounding kit at the same time as the dde's... so it might of helped! :)

·
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sometimes its that and also the shoes lol. Doesnt help when you have cloth seats too haha =(

I have a a grounding kit too but shit i still get shock? Hows the apexi one so far??
hahaha ground kit thread became a shock thread... =) anywase though, that ground kit looks nice. Where can I get one? How much improvement do you notice after install?
So far I like it... not too sure if it made a big difference with performance or anything but it sure looks nice!! :rolleyes:

I have read that It's supposed to help with shifting on an e-shift but it's a bit hard to tell.

I got it off of ebay about 2 years ago for around $200...

·
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pretty nice. only suggestion i would make is to move the location of the unit away from the exhaust and heat.
Come to think of it I didn't even take the heat into consideration! Even though it is located high up I'm sure the heat from the exhaust must make it kinda warm at idle...

Well I've had it installed there for about a year (drove it for 6 months though) so I think it should be okay...

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
642 Posts
the apexi unit looks sweet under the hood... really like the way the unit has a "conditioner/ stabilizer" too. Well, considering there are only 3 other grounding cables (besides the positive cable for the lighted apexi emblem and another neg cable that connects to the battery, i wonder how it compares to the ground fusion, teck cables where there are 8-12 cables since there are guys that swear by them. which points did you ground to? and did you have to modify/cut and terminate the cables that come with the unit or did you just use a lot of zip tie since its an universal kit? Very nice job nevertheless.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
Looking good Mike!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts