Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a trick or somthing to get into 1st gear with an E-shift?
1st gear and 2nd being automatic ain't too cool to me.

Thanks
Nate

·
Registered
416 Posts
No.

Gate-shift to "L" if you need 1st. But note that 1st is only good up to 35mph if you have a 2001, and only a tiny bit higher with the later models.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
**NOTE** ^^^

Can only shift into L if you are stopped or are going less than 11 mph :wink:

·
Registered
416 Posts
DENVER_IS300 said:
Can only shift into L if you are stopped or are going less than 11 mph :wink:
Really? I never tried that part. Invariably used for hard launches, but then I use E-shift when I'm already rolling. E-shifted 2nd is enough to get the rear-end out on the slowest corners.

·
10,234 Posts
there is

there is a program, the program is take your IS to the nearest shop, and spend some money to get the toyota get-6spd tranny swap, or the other program, offered by ur nearest lexus dealer, loose a few thousand and get the 5spd

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My E-shift starts at 1 but very breifly ..I see the RPM needle hit about 5000 then drop to about 3000 on 2nd

then when it hits about 4500-5000 I shift again to third~

and so on~..

·
Registered
703 Posts
isekii said:
My E-shift starts at 1 but very breifly ..I see the RPM needle hit about 5000 then drop to about 3000 on 2nd

then when it hits about 4500-5000 I shift again to third~

and so on~..
Yes isekii you're correct. All e-shifts start in first, the car just does not allow you to shift from it on the steering wheel. I consider the E-shift more of an "allowance." Well, thats what it is. Since the e-shift starts in second, its 'allowing' the car to shift from 1st to 2nd, and so on. :chill:

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
and its damn annoying when those people say "we all have 5spds" get your head out of your asses. 5spd means manual, e-shift means auto. :bitching:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Frydryce said:
and its damn annoying when those people say "we all have 5spds" get your head out of your asses. 5spd means manual, e-shift means auto. :bitching:
Why are our heads in our asses? 5-speed is slang for manual transmission, has been for years. In the last few years, more gears are showing up in both manual and automatics. And CVT's are starting to get to the market. Thus why some people are trying to get back to the correct terms, or using different slang to refer to our transmission of choice.

BTW, we all don't have 5-speeds. Some have 6-speeds. Yet another reason to better differenciate. Since when is being correct being an ass?

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
yes, exactly. the past term was used to refer to manual cars. the term now for 5spd automatics is either auto still or e-shift, or any other variation of that word.

when most of the people here on this forum use the word/term 5spd they mean manual. even the dealer uses the term, and so does pretty much any person that have been involved with automobiles for a significant time now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
E-Shift

The E-Shift Starts in 1st, read the owners manual, it says it right there.
I have been driving Manual Trans Vehicles my whole life and still do, the e-shift is a 3rd Vehicle in my Household, although I am the primary driver my Wife still has to use it from time to time.
But....seat of pants tells me that I am getting quicker 0-80+ MPH in straight Auto mode.
I only have 1,600K on the Car, changed the oil out at around 1,300 (I am old School!).
Now...Please...Where Do I get The YELLOW TRD SWAY BARS??!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
13 Participants
jayinVegas
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing