Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tuesday night car wouldn't start. jumped it and it started. 10 amp charge all night. did not start in the am. jumped it again and took it to lexus. bad battery after 1 year.

are our batteries that weak? thinking of an optima battery now.
anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
What are your driving habits? If you frequently take short drives, you may not be charging your battery enough. Starting a car takes a lot of juice, and a fully-charged battery can only start a car so many times before it's dead--so imagine a partially-charged battery...

·
8,880 Posts
Morpheus said:
tuesday night car wouldn't start. jumped it and it started. 10 amp charge all night. did not start in the am. jumped it again and took it to lexus. bad battery after 1 year.

are our batteries that weak? thinking of an optima battery now.
anyone else have this problem?
No. The stock battery is strong.
What were your charging procedures?
It is not normal to measure charge in Amps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
probably more shorter distances. charged the battery on the 10 amp setting for two hours untill it read 80 percent full then 2 amp trickle all night. in the am the charger read full. but it did not start. lexus wrote that 2 cells were bad. nonetheless a new battery for me.

thank you

·
Registered
831 Posts
batteries are real easy to replace :) I hope lexus is installing it under warranty otherwise tell them to go stuff it :eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry i was not clear. lexus did install a new battery free of charge. i have around 16,000 miles.

i appreciate all the feed back. thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts