Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Well i would like to know if anyone of you ppl that have the SRT intake and also have an exhaust like (5zigen, RMM, ect..)

i would like to know if you feel the difference of the exhaust rather than stock when complimented with the SRT intake.

I already heard reviews on various exhaust but i would like to know if it helps even more with the SRT intake.

(Anxiously awaiting the arrivel of my SRT intake)

------------------
Later

MIKE
ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished, Factory Spoiler, SRT Intake (on order)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the 5zigen Fireball (muffler only) on my car BEFORE installing the SRT intake.

Although the engine response felt a little better and it appeared to "breath" better at higher speeds, I can say that any performance gain the 5zigen made was only slightly noticable.

However, after installing the SRT Intake/ECU, the difference was VERY noticable. So I don't know if you would be able to "feel" any 3 to 5 hp difference if you added a muffler like the Fireball after installing the SRT intake.

I would be interested in your feedback if you installed a 5zigen (or similar) AFTER driving your car around with only the SRT Intake installed first.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bty:
I had the 5zigen Fireball (muffler only) on my car BEFORE installing the SRT intake.

Although the engine response felt a little better and it appeared to "breath" better at higher speeds, I can say that any performance gain the 5zigen made was only slightly noticable.

However, after installing the SRT Intake/ECU, the difference was VERY noticable. So I don't know if you would be able to "feel" any 3 to 5 hp difference if you added a muffler like the Fireball after installing the SRT intake.

I would be interested in your feedback if you installed a 5zigen (or similar) AFTER driving your car around with only the SRT Intake installed first.

Thanks.
I have heard that the SRT intake makes a nic sound....and so does the exhaust....

How do the two work together....is it too loud now ??????does it sound ricey.......

thanks for the input

------------------
Later

MIKE
ONYX 01, Fully loaded, Graphite Polished, Factory Spoiler, SRT Intake (on order)

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 5zigen makes a nice low mellow sound; not too loud or "ricey" like exhausts I heard on other cars.

The SRT intake sounds like a 4bbl carb. Put those two together and it sounds like you have a V8 under the hood - especially at wide open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts