Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has made any special requests to their dealers.

I asked my dealer not to put the dealers name tag on my car. I don't think it looks good and it's just another place for water to get in and rust. License plate dealer tags are fine.

Just curious

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I asked if the cars can be ordered
with no rear emblems. No reply yet.

I know some other manufacturers
(BMW? Porsche?) have an option on
special orders to "delete emblems".

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah TEG, why would you do that? I'm sure people will still know it's a Lexus IS300. Especially when everyone starts buying one.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You can take off the name tags by yourself. Usually the model name is attached by some sticky stuff...just use dental floss to get it off then pick off the exess material, it won't scratch the paint or anything. Not much you can do about the make badge since usually there are already holes for it in the trunk and hood. But if you really wanna take that off just buy some bondo and fill the holes in after you take it off.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Oh no, gold emblem talk already. You want curb feelers on that? BTW, TEG, I think stripping the emblems looks great, especially if you add some performance mods. People will wonder, "what in the hell did he do to that car?" Cool stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
brad
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing