Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been at it all weekend fixing my 1JZGTE swapped rescue. New gaskets, vacuum hoses, sensors relocated, return fuel line installed with inline filter. Then installed upgraded coil packs, plugs and wires. Coil overs, ball joints, tire rods, sway bar link pins, slotted rotors and EBC pads. Needless to say I finally got rid motor going limp. And no more over boosting.

I'm quiet happy with it so I went an got some gauges since most stop working with the JZX110 swap aside from voltage, RPM and fuel percentage. Absolutely love the results but needed some more info so installed a trip pod on the dash adding wideband, temp and boost gauge.

What I plan on doing but not anytime soon as this is my daily. Wanna do a trans upgrade etc but need to raise funds. I have been using my phone for speedo and ran across the Dakota converter and this could be a great band aid till I get the rest of the plans and money situated I hope this can work. So anyone ever used it

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
As I understand, the boxes will correct the readings not make them work. If the needles do not move at all the dakota box will not make it move.

I have an altezza cluster in my car. I had to use a box to convert the signal from a 6 cylinder engine to a 4 cylinder cluster. If your speedo is not moving I'd suggest revisiting your wiring or looking into pulling speed from ABS. Run a search for "ABS speed mod" or something, it should be easy to find.

·
Registered
507 Posts
ABS VSS mod is what I did.

it’s free, just a little bit of leg work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ABS VSS mod is what I did.

it’s free, just a little bit of leg work.
Admittedly I have never had a car I ever wanted to wrench on. I mean I have swapped parts and that but never upgrades. I feel in love with the JZ my buddy had and always wanted an IS300.

After seeing one swapped I decided it was for me. She was a little rough around the edges for sure but for the price I was happy. So I have been reading and taking notes on everything and questioning everything. My buddy is a master mechanic when/if I get over my head which I'm pretty sure is my next side job of a timing kit & cam seals.

As for doing the leg work sounds like fun been on disability for jist over a year and I'm going stir crazy. Hence why I got a fixer upper with good bones hehe. My girl thinks it is a midlife crisis I just tell her it's a new passion. She can't understand how a day's work out in the garage, sore, greasy, cuts, scrapes and bruises is rewarding. Then again she's the type of person to pay off her lease in advance just to get a new car.

So thank you everyone for your help current and past as this has been a major factor of what I want and need to do.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
So I have been at it all weekend fixing my 1JZGTE swapped rescue. New gaskets, vacuum hoses, sensors relocated, return fuel line installed with inline filter. Then installed upgraded coil packs, plugs and wires. Coil overs, ball joints, tire rods, sway bar link pins, slotted rotors and EBC pads. Needless to say I finally got rid motor going limp. And no more over boosting.

I'm quiet happy with it so I went an got some gauges since most stop working with the JZX110 swap aside from voltage, RPM and fuel percentage. Absolutely love the results but needed some more info so installed a trip pod on the dash adding wideband, temp and boost gauge.

What I plan on doing but not anytime soon as this is my daily. Wanna do a trans upgrade etc but need to raise funds. I have been using my phone for speedo and ran across the Dakota converter and this could be a great band aid till I get the rest of the plans and money situated I hope this can work. So anyone ever used it
No Dakota adapters. The guy makes what you need. https://all4swap.ru/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts