Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have c5's on their IS? If so can you post some pics so I can see how they look on the car.

Right now im picking between 3 rims
1. c5's 18-19''
2. Niche Corsa's 18-19''
3. Some type of 7 star rim
(Alt,Giovanna etc..)

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
548 Posts
IMHO, C5s are played out...
dt1313's Dazz Matizs are very nice, and someone posted his Silver IS w/ 5Zigen that similar to Konig Tantrum (he has the 19"), those are nice too...

[This message has been edited by mystic (edited December 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
721 Posts
hey check out the new issue of sports compact.......they have an AD from Niche......its got a IS 300 with a "made-up" kit and some really nice niche rims on it......late

·
Registered
548 Posts
dt1313,

No probs bro
I really envy your car!
Remember a while ago when we were talking about your 19" Dazz Matiz? Well, I'm re-routing some of my resource towards Intake, H&R, and Exhaust for now. So it'll be a while (about 2 months or so) for me to be able to get your wheels
. In the mean time, if you could get a buyer, it's OK u can sell 'em. But if they're still available, let me know

Sweetzzz,
I believe dt1313 is selling his wheels. Try contacting him or emailing him

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
C5's are the legends of rims, even the latest of best of show cars put them on, i don't think theyre played out. its just that theyre so perfectly made. sweetzzzz, if youre getting rims. go for racing harts, volk, advan, etc. get forged multi piece jap rims man. theyre really good quality and design, dont get alt, giovanni and stuff, IMO, theyre just imitations.

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really dont know tooo much about rims and things. Im new to this enthusist car sport thing. Right now im just reading this forum and buying all type of magazines seeing what looks good on what. I see alot of different rim/car setups and the c5's catch my eye all the time. There in just about every magazine I buy. Also I really dont want chrome rims but I want some type on shine to the rim. I've been told to get something with a nice lip, watch the weight and get a good brand of rim.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
yes, from what ive heard, you have pretty subtle but good taste in rims. giovanni rims are usually chrome. and yea, i like deep dish too..usually mesh rims will have a deep dish. good brands are: racing harts, volk, advan, etc.

·
Registered
115 Posts
DAM SCREW ALL THESE NASTY ASS RACING RIMS GET some nice classy rims Like Giovanna Essens that is what I'm gettin or what about NICHE, ARELLI, LOWENHART COME ON GUYS

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
An alternative to a chrome rim is a polished rim.

There's a pic of an Altezza with C5's in the image gallery.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
classy rims? giovanna, niche, arelli?...more like trashy rims. lowen hart i like..but the others are just plain trash. by the way, if you wanted a luxury looking car, maybe you should of gotten an LS400 or GS or something, because IS300s are made to look sporty..not classy.

Originally posted by Dookie33:
DAM SCREW ALL THESE NASTY ASS RACING RIMS GET some nice classy rims Like Giovanna Essens that is what I'm gettin or what about NICHE, ARELLI, LOWENHART COME ON GUYS

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
8 Participants
Sweetzzzz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing