Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to find a vacuum source for the boost controller. I'm running a greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller. There's a hose thats running from the electronic device in the car that needs to go back out to the engine bay to a intake manifold source or fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the greddy profec b spec 2. I've ran all the vacuum lines for the valve unit. The instructions say to run the vacuum line from the actual device inside the car to a fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone. I'm sure thats its not hard to figure out. The instructions just say connect the vacuum line from the main unit to the fuel pressure regulator. Than it says toyota jz engines have a fuel pressure controlling solenoid valve, make sure you get the line between the manifold and solenoid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
under the intake manifold runner that goes across the motor on the side closest to the fire wall there are 2 vaccuum lines that go into a metal connector i just placed the plastic "y" fitting right there i believe these vaccuum lines go to the fuel control 'noid.that is where mine is hooked up 2 it works fine

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I see no reason why you need that specific line. I think you are overthinking this.

just connect the EBC to a boost source.

For reading boost, I would run it to the intake manifold so you are reading actual pressure going into the motor.

For the solenoid, I would run it from the compressor housing or as close to it as possible so you are using the most immediate boost source for your wastegate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts