Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like it? How much did you pay for it and what kind of frame do you have (wood, metal, etc.)?

·
Registered
330 Posts
dayday said:
How do you like it? How much did you pay for it and what kind of frame do you have (wood, metal, etc.)?
Had a wood futon for about a week, before I damn near through out my back. I thought it would be like sleeping on the floor, ya know good for your back. The floor was more comfortable, I hate them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dont get a futon...Had 2 one in each room...Metal/Wood. They R good places to hump but not to sleep...about 100 or so bucks each. I think...that was 2 years ago though..

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
I have one in the spare room and I actually like the way it sleeps.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
I had a metal one as a couch/bed at my first apartment, I think I got it for $99 at a furniture store I worked at back then. I believe we normally sold them for $149 or $199. It wasn't bad back then when I was single, first moved away from home, and had to furnish my apartment on a small budget, but I wouldn't get one as a bed now that I am older and engaged.

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
I have a wood one, but it's sitting in a side room as we moved into our house and haven't figured on a place to put it.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll I've been sleeping on the floor for the past months and about to buy a bed real soon. Obviously, futons don't look as comfy as a bed but I like the idea of sitting the futon up like a couch to sit directly facing a tv. I don't want to pay too much. Do you guys think I can get a decent full size mattress and box for under 200?

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
dayday said:
We'll I've been sleeping on the floor for the past months and about to buy a bed real soon. Obviously, futons don't look as comfy as a bed but I like the idea of sitting the futon up like a couch to sit directly facing a tv. I don't want to pay too much. Do you guys think I can get a decent full size mattress and box for under 200?
You will probably be looking at $300-$400 minimum for a decent full size mattress and box. Full sets can be found for $199, but not great quality. Anything is better than the floor though. :confused:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TS said:
You will probably be looking at $300-$400 minimum for a decent full size mattress and box. Full sets can be found for $199, but not great quality. Anything is better than the floor though. :confused:
When you say 'not great quality,' does that mean like its not as comfy and will probably sag in after a while? WOuld you guys suggest going to be big name bed store or one of those smaller ones for better deals.

I always see people outside with signs saying things like "total liquidation everything must go!" Should I take a look at those kinds of places?

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
dayday said:
When you say 'not great quality,' does that mean like its not as comfy and will probably sag in after a while? WOuld you guys suggest going to be big name bed store or one of those smaller ones for better deals.

I always see people outside with signs saying things like "total liquidation everything must go!" Should I take a look at those kinds of places?
You would probably feel the metal springs after awhile, but that problem can be helped by putting one of those cheap "egg crate" looking foam pads from somewhere like target or wal-mart under your sheet. You would probably feel the bars under the cushion on a metal futon after awhile too, atleast while sitting.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
ghost2jz said:
Dont get a futon...Had 2 one in each room...Metal/Wood. They R good places to hump but not to sleep...about 100 or so bucks each. I think...that was 2 years ago though..
I agree, a nice place to hook up with a saucey woman but not a good place 2 sleep...

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Although I liked the metal ones because I thought they looked contemporary and were cheaper than the wood ones, I learned that the metal ones break more easily, creaks, and provides a less comfortable sleep/sit.

However, I also don't dig how they try to sell all the different types of woods for futons as if the quality of the wood is a factor. Come on, it's a futon, nobody would be buying a futon if price wasn't an issue. I can't imagine forking over $350-400 for a fancy futon.

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
I used to have a wooden futon which I bought from IKEA.

It's a nice and cost-effective "sofa". But not good for a "bed."

Your Friend,

Donald

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
Bedding link from another thread.

crontab said:
http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/ The forums on this site have some hardcore mattress fanatics. This site helped me a lot in my mattress purchasing process.

Essentially tempurpedic mattresses are NOT the end-all and be-all of latex foam mattresses. There are a lot of other manufacturers that make latex foam mattresses, the 4 s' do, there are many others. They are more comfortable, better quality at half the cost at times.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
metal bar in my back. its part of a sectional. this is the worst thing i own. i paid way too much for it AND IT WAS FREE. stay away.

·
Registered
409 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts