Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in factory rear light covers please email me before Sept 20th at [email protected]

They come prepainted from Japan. They are self adhesive. This is a good accessory for those who think the rear lights are too "clear". For those of you who haven't seen what they look like, they cover everything except for the signal light part and leaves a round circle for the brakes lights to show.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hmm...those don't look half bad. It would be cooler if they were easily removable though, and you could put them on and take em off whenever you pleased.

I'm sure stockIS3 will be very pleased to find this out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Those are Ok.

But Im really looking for tailights where the Whole "Clear Lense" are Red.
And the "Round" Red Lights there now are totally covered by Red Lense.
So in theory the Only Round Red Lense seen in rear will be the ones on the trunk.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Altezza: I like the Skyline, but the IS's tail lights are one if it's defining features! Besides, I don't like the R33 style, same-size four lights; I think the R34 larger-on-the-outside-smaller-on-the-inside four light style looks better...

stockIS3: GASP! Wouldn't this be considered as modifying your car?!? Wouldn't this be ruining the perfect factory/stock look?! Wouldn't this go against all of your automotive morals!??! :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Originally posted by shadoh6:
Altezza: I like the Skyline, but the IS's tail lights are one if it's defining features! Besides, I don't like the R33 style, same-size four lights; I think the R34 larger-on-the-outside-smaller-on-the-inside four light style looks better...

stockIS3: GASP! Wouldn't this be considered as modifying your car?!? Wouldn't this be ruining the perfect factory/stock look?! Wouldn't this go against all of your automotive morals!??! :p
Hmmmmmm, Let me see..... NO!
The Clear Lights on the car now Looks After Market....
We KNOW the lights are Original..... But there are Sooooo Many Perps out there....
Oh well.... Thats a Minor gripe of mine.

I love the car!! Just Hate ALL THE PERPS!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by Altezza:
Click "Dealer Option" at the lower right corner. I think this is what popolung is talking about. The list price here in Japan is YEN 12,400 (US$120).
http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/Altezza/index-n.html

They come in all colors. Makes the car look like the Skyline when the brake lights come on.
That link takes you to a page but I didn't see anything for "Dealer Option". It's all in Japanese with some English but I still couldn't find anything on the tail lights. I think I would be interested...if I could get a look at what they were.

·
2,073 Posts
Has anyone come across clear brake light lenses? (Not the ones on the trunk, which I know you can get in clear) My idea is to go clear with all the exterior light/lamp housings & use colored bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts