Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought it two days ago. The directions told me to air it for 2 days.. so I did. Then I used it today on my car. (I just got it so it still has the dealer wax) It left some kind of residue on it. (Anyone know what it was?) I had to use water and a nice cloth to get it off. Also, what is the best way to make the car look clean... (its black) Dust gets on it and it looks really dirty. (are those machine car washes okay to use?) I don't really know how to wax a car, and I also usually don't wash my cars except for this one *first one, only 16*... so I was wondering, what should I do to make it clean on a daily basis. or every 2 weeks basis. Please help me out, I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
yeah, i aired mine out for a good 5 days, when the car is clean and gets dusty, it works good, but when the duster is damp or the car is kinda dirty the wax in the duster adhers to it and leaves little streaks...the duster contains a wax and it is stated on the cover, the wax makes it so it doesnt scratch...under the right conditions it works good. i still need to wax my damn car...

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
When you wash your car, soak it good. Don't just waste water, but hose it off good. Get off all the surface dirt. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT use dishwashing liquid in lieu of car washing soap. Wash the car from top to bottom. Make sure your car stays wet. Try not to do it in direct sunlight if you can. Wash, rinse, dry. A California Waterblade helps cut down drying time. Use an Absorber to dry it off completely. Apply wax. Due to greatly different instructions for some of the higher tech products, I won't go into detail. But in general, not in direct sunlight. If it's too hot to touch, it's too hot to polish. Use cotton cloths, thin to apply, thick to take off. Okay, that's all I'll say for now.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by Yogujuhere:
I just bought it two days ago. The directions told me to air it for 2 days.. so I did. Then I used it today on my car. (I just got it so it still has the dealer wax) It left some kind of residue on it. (Anyone know what it was?) I had to use water and a nice cloth to get it off. Also, what is the best way to make the car look clean... (its black) Dust gets on it and it looks really dirty. (are those machine car washes okay to use?) I don't really know how to wax a car, and I also usually don't wash my cars except for this one *first one, only 16*... so I was wondering, what should I do to make it clean on a daily basis. or every 2 weeks basis. Please help me out, I really appreciate it.
Black cars are a bitch (nothin new) so you really need to be careful how you wash and wax it - otherwise you will cause a lot of surface scratches.

Read the information here for all the details on how to care for your car.

www.carcareonline.com

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts