Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you've seen it at your dealership. Has anyone tried it, if so, what did you think?

So far, I haven't used anything on mine, but I use Lexol on my wife's car and I HATE IT. I think it leaves the seats clean, but chalky. I will NOT put Lexol on my IS.

I know many praiser leatherique, but I've also been told the Lexus cleaner/conditioner is quite good. Ever try it?

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
never tried it, but I use Lexol twice a month, I think it makes the dashboard look especially good(the conditioner not the cleaner) I never had anything else to compare the lexol to. But I am going to get some of the Lexus made stuff and try it oot.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Do you use too much Lexol on a particular area? I have it and love it, never heard a complaint. Huh.

I think Lexol is more of a conditioner than a cleaner, may want to wipe everything down with a wet towel and then dry it, then on to the Lexol.

Let us know how the Lexus stuff works out.

Eric

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you use too much Lexol on a particular area? I have it and love it, never heard a complaint. Huh.

I think Lexol is more of a conditioner than a cleaner, may want to wipe everything down with a wet towel and then dry it, then on to the Lexol.

Let us know how the Lexus stuff works out.

Eric
Eric,

I've tried it so many different ways. More product, less product, damp applicator, dry applicator...

I just can't shake that "chalky" feel to it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want oily and sticky either, but maybe moist or supple is the feel I'm going for. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Could just be the type of leather in the wife's car, I haven't had those resutls with our Toyota or Chrysler...I know, I know, the lap of luxury :)

Eric

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
I wonder if there is a better product for our dash, being that it's plastic?
The lexol works great, been using on the dash for months, stumbled acrossd it when my X- detailer used it. I say X-detailer because he used an acid on my stock wheels and marked them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts