Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my rims and I tried ordering Toyo t1s but the distributor said they dont carry t1s's anymore, but they replaced them with t1r's. Anyone tried these yet? Are they the same quality performance as the t1s's?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
i would thinbk the R's are better..with some tire companies..S=Street and R=Racing -_- so I would think theyre the same if not more durable..might not be true but its a good bet =D

-Aaron

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
k i took a bit of time and this is what i found out. they are ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE instead of Max performance like the Michelin PS2...

the T1R's have a little bit of a different tread pattern, with silica treat compound.

compared to T1S,t hey have same great traction in rain, with a new rib & block tread.
also has deeper depth on tread compared to the T1S's(LONGER tread life)... =D

quote from Bimmer forum:
"The T1R's are pretty good tires, with good grip accelerating, braking, and cornering. Driving at up to 6/10ths, they behave very well. The tires are light and quiet, which was what I was looking for, and they don't squeal until they are near their limits, which are pretty high.

I find that they like reasonably higher pressures. I found 37 front and 35 rear cold worked best for me.

However, I found the sidewalls are too soft for my liking. Raising the pressures higher definitely helped, but the ride and the ultimate grip would suffer.

That's the only reason I decided to switch back to the RA-1's for the dry season. When the rain comes, though, I would definitely use the T1R's for the duration of the rainy season."

"I got to do a test drive on them at my shop and was impressed with them. Very linear and predictable handling. IMO, there is no better tire for the money. Sure the PS2 is going to perform a little better, but it's not worth the money, IMO.

They made a lot of upgrades over the T1-S, especially the new shoulder that is supposed to expel water better than the T1-S and keep the noise down."

good enough for ya? man these are like $200 tires... lol..get them and let us know how they are =D

hope this helps...
let me know if it does...
:cool:
-Aaron

Reactions: boosted_4door

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
T1R:
he New Proxes T1-R is Toyo's new ultra-high performance passenger car tyre, superseding the Proxes T1-S. The Proxes T1-R utilises a newly developed silica tread compound with a ultra-high molecular polymer that provides improved grip levels on wet & dry roads and improved wear resistance. The directional tread pattern of the Proxes T1-R maintains the exceptional resistance to aquaplaning of the Proxes T1-S, combined with a new rib / block tread shoulder arrangement that improves dry cornering grip, improves resistance to irregular wear and reduces tread noise.

T1S:
The Proxes T1-S is a new generation product of Toyo’s exclusive DSOC II™ Technology. DSOC (Dynamic Simulation Optimized Contact Theory) II Technology, is a powerful super-computer based technology utilizing highly sophisticated three-dimensional simulations for the development and analysis of state-of-the-art tire designs.

[edit]
onyxaltezza said:
i would thinbk the R's are better..with some tire companies..S=Street and R=Racing -_- so I would think theyre the same if not more durable..might not be true but its a good bet =D

-Aaron
Are you serious? :lol:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Well...im not too sure about the t1r's but I know my t1-s are running fine. The noise really aint that bad. My friends rav4 is like 10x as bad when we are on a highway. It was pretty fuked because right after I ordered my t1-s, the stupid t1r's came out lol for the same damn price. I would believe they are better but the t1-s has already accumulated a good name over the past years. I would go for it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I recently replaced my Toyo FZ4's(blows donkey balls) with Toyo T1R's.

Riding on them for the last three weeks - Night and Day difference between the FZ4 - Very quiet and grips very well - higher tolerance when pushed to the limit. FZ4's had a tendancy to slide(slippery grip) into curves whereas the T1R stuck to the road. Definately made cornering fun again - worth the $.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
E12iC46 said:
check out www.edgeracing.com
There prices are pretty cheap compared to some places and I have had a very good experience with them. I got my order shipped to me fast and shipping from them is pretty cheap also.
F*ck if I knew about this website b4 i coulda saved $$. Thanks for the link i'll order from there next time.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
boosted_4door said:
F*ck if I knew about this website b4 i coulda saved $$. Thanks for the link i'll order from there next time.
Damn....I thought you would of knew lol....
Yea, I think this store is pretty big in buisness for tires. Their web page and service qualifies me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts