Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
looks good only thing you might want to keep in mind is what the kit is made of becuase i got a cheap 10 dollar dash kit from someone and that thing bent like crazy.

other than that it seems fine.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
im guessing its just a metra kit?

i have one...couldnt stand the look of it so i sanded down and repainted....

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would highly recommend the JDM dash kit. It's obviously going to cost more than that tho...

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
i have this kit and it's perfect for me.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's a Metra kit. It works, but doesn't look all that hot. Sack up and just get the JDM kit. it's the only one I've been happy with.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Its the Metra kit. The Scosche kit has less lines and is cleaner, plus it matches the interior color/finish much better. Of course JDM is going to be the best match, but some head units have issues with the trim ring.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
JAEohEN said:
im guessing its just a metra kit?

i have one...couldnt stand the look of it so i sanded down and repainted....
perfect solution, wetsand and paint w/ flat black paint and it matches perfectly and flows well..

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
yup looks like the metra kit, and like said above all ya gotta do is pretty much wet sand it down some and shoot a coat of black to match the original dash and done...
thou... the JDM dash kit looks way nicer being as its made by toyota for the altezza its a perfect fit! :) jus gotta lose the heater seat buttons if you have them. me i live in hawaii so i don't heaters in the seats nor do need them so the JDM kit worked jus fine :)
but hey they all work out in the end... some jus need some work to fit in real nice and some don't...
alohaz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts