Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting picked on in your IS?

I've noticed that since I've switched from my RX to driving an IS, almost each and every day there is some individual that wants to pick on me. Whether it be a riced out Honda/Acura (Accord, Integra, Civic) or a WRX, BMW (3-Series), Infiniti (G35 Coupe/Sedan), you name it, somebody wants to put a hurtin' on ya!

Just thought I'd share that little tidbit of information, I'm sure most of you have already experienced this issue/problem/dilemma before, I guess some pricey modifications will help to alleviate this problem huh? Perhaps after I pay my tuition for Spring semester I can afford some more performance items.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
this is exactly one of the reasons i bought the car, its aggressive styling, i love it when those people pick on me, usually it makes my day, especially if it is something with a large american v8, and they are the ones that instigate

-gte

·
Registered
960 Posts
neomurph said:
getting picked on in your IS?

I've noticed that since I've switched from my RX to driving an IS, almost each and every day there is some individual that wants to pick on me. Whether it be a riced out Honda/Acura (Accord, Integra, Civic) or a WRX, BMW (3-Series), Infiniti (G35 Coupe/Sedan), you name it, somebody wants to put a hurtin' on ya!

Just thought I'd share that little tidbit of information, I'm sure most of you have already experienced this issue/problem/dilemma before, I guess some pricey modifications will help to alleviate this problem huh? Perhaps after I pay my tuition for Spring semester I can afford some more performance items.
Constant problem around here. Yesterday I was cut off by an over enthusiastic Honda Accord (2 door) driver who just had to be in front of me as the road narrowed from 2 lanes down to one. I saw him coming but it was too late to do anything. If one of these jerks ends up involving me in an accident, I'm gonna sue the s**t out of him!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you guys can relate huh? I actually just got back from Walgreens, and low & behold, a 3.5 5-Speed Altima was revving on me. Man, I need to get some performance mods fast, I hate being picked on. . . :whine:
At any rate, I just put my cruisin' music on, and strolled on back home, what else can ya do right?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
No one ever tries to race me, but ever since I got my IS people have been trying to make me crash in to them, I noticed this 3 times already.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
A lot of people try to race me..Porche Carrera's...old Camry's...dumb wagons...I've only lost one race to the Carrera (gee...you think?).

...I've turned down races before if the roads to busy or I just don't feel like it. It never get's to a point where it's annoying...I actually like it 8) :chill:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Other drivers with cars in the same class dont try to race at all unless their car has some mods but even then they just look at my car. When im bored i look for people that want to race but it doesnt happen that much, usually the ricers love to race but they just stare at my car and then i have to hear thier loud ass car but i dont try to pull away i let them look for a while.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
neomurph said:
So you guys can relate huh? I actually just got back from Walgreens, and low & behold, a 3.5 5-Speed Altima was revving on me. Man, I need to get some performance mods fast, I hate being picked on. . . :whine:
At any rate, I just put my cruisin' music on, and strolled on back home, what else can ya do right?
The bottom line though is that the Lex has a ton more pimp appeal! Most people out there don't know jack about what a 3.5 Altima will do. And most people don't know jack about an IS300 - but they do know its a Lexus and think it costs $50k. :lol:

I don't get a ton of races and I don't really care - but I do admit wishing for more umph for those on the road that do know. Oh well, our cars look hella fast! :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rllis300,
The bottom line though is that the Lex has a ton more pimp appeal! Most people out there don't know jack about what a 3.5 Altima will do. And most people don't know jack about an IS300 - but they do know its a Lexus and think it costs $50k.
Excellent point! :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yea I get picked on a lot too. Just the other night some Stang tried to pick a race with me. One day my car will be modded like a tank and i'll be laffing.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not much in the way of racing...just picking on due to the fact
that I drive a Lexus. Jealousy? Envy? Class warfare? Who cares.
I totally agree with the pimp/classy appeal or whatever you
want to call it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
For me it just depends on what time I am driving. Last night at 8 pm I had 4 people in my car and an Eclipse and a 330 tried to race me. I took the Eclipse but didn't even want to try againist the 330 with 3 passengers in my car.

It really depends on the area you are driving and the time of day.

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
xxStanxx said:
For me it just depends on what time I am driving. Last night at 8 pm I had 4 people in my car and an Eclipse and a 330 tried to race me. I took the Eclipse but didn't even want to try againist the 330 with 3 passengers in my car.

It really depends on the area you are driving and the time of day.
Agreed. I don't really see much action until it get's dark...then that's when the majority of racing/picking on starts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts