Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just saw the new one...where the lady jumps into the water...

now...the thing is...why do the car companies always have dark tinted windows and a lowered car in the commercials??? have you noticed that???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
98 ZX7-R lime green...Team Green BABY!!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I've only been able to catch one IS300 commercial, and that was back in late May of last year. That was all I needed to see to convince me to get the car right away. If it wasn't for that, I would not be an IS300 owner right now!! =D

------------------
White IS300
"Bein Bad Ain't EZ"

·
Registered
127 Posts
i saw the one where all of these people are in some forest and they show a light blue is300 with yellow stripes ripping through the dirt. dopeness

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wow... I haven't seen any of those commercials. I did catch the one during the December to Remember sales event... it was a Lexus commercial in general and not specifically for the IS300. I just thought it was cool the guy was sleeping in the garage next to his Solar Yellow IS300. heh heh...

Scott.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The commercial that gets me is the one when there are two hot girls at some cool looking loungerest., sitting there without any dates and a Silver IS with tinted windows pulls up... they look at eachother and both grab for the seat next to them for the guy who gets out to sit with them.

Thats a good commercial!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by AllFlava!:
The commercial that gets me is the one when there are two hot girls at some cool looking loungerest., sitting there without any dates and a Silver IS with tinted windows pulls up... they look at eachother and both grab for the seat next to them for the guy who gets out to sit with them.

Thats a good commercial!
see...that's why i bought this car...but it doesn't work!!!

it's false advertisint i tell you...i'm returning my IS300 cause i can't get any chicks with it...i thought just because i bought this car...i'd score...but you know what...nope...nothing...nada...so i'm filing a formal complaint with lexus now...anyone want to sign my complaint???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white

·
Registered
3,221 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
dang Teg, those commercial you made are pretty good.

Who won that contest anyway?
Anyone have the vid of the winning commerical?

[From TEG: Some young guy in Orgeon won. His "bored" commercial was annoyingly simple. http://is300.net/movies/boredwin.mpg ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
teg did you set up a vid camera on a tripod or something and video it playing on your monitor? i ask because there is like a white border and i can see what looks like the monitor refreshing...pretty good commercials...

[From TEG: Yeah camcorder pointed at monitor... I tried to capture using software but I had ran out of oomph on my PC doing playback and capture at the same time ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited February 20, 2001).]

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Chris Y:
LOL... that's what the Supra is for!

-Chris Y.
well...that's what i thought...but i don't drive it enough...and the last girl i dated...i didn't even let her see the supra...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey hyper...question...
which of your many cars is your favorite.keke..take heed that you are in an IS300 forum..you have some nice cars...and i saw some of the work done on your supra wiht the AFC..but i also have a question..if i got the super AFC..would it help me out in anyway?..im planning to get the SRT intake soon..thanks
julian

------------------
InNoVaTE Don'T IMiTate
CE 2k1
Black dVs IS300
-Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhuast
-JDM Altezza Grill

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by XDoOkiExIS300X:
hey hyper...question...
which of your many cars is your favorite.keke..take heed that you are in an IS300 forum..you have some nice cars...and i saw some of the work done on your supra wiht the AFC..but i also have a question..if i got the super AFC..would it help me out in anyway?..im planning to get the SRT intake soon..thanks
julian

i like the supra the best...but it's not suitable for everyday driving in heavy traffic. so i like the IS for that...

as for the AFC...no one has been able to really prove that the AFC will or will not be benificial for the IS in stock trim. in my opinion though...it would be a waste of money to get it without some sort of forced induction...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah I think I saw it, was it a silver IS..? It was like at 1:00am and I don't know if I was dreaming because I feel asleep with my TV on, so if it was a silver IS I think I might have seen it ..

------------------
******CAR FOR SALE IN BAY AREA********

1985 Corvette, Black, 61,000 Miles on it. New Rims, Tires ..

Great car, and looks GREAT!

Asking price **PRICE DROP** 9,000 is the NEW asking price.
Contact me on this board or at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I saw the "two chairs" commercial last night during "The Lexx" (is that appropriate?) on Sci-Fi channel.

·
Registered
116 Posts
damn..all this studying i do at school hinders me from doing the one thing i love best..watch tv..haa...someone should tape it for me and send it..keke

hyper...thanks for the info..man..supras are nicee...one day.i want my IS to grow up to be a supra.!!..haha..yeah i think im not going to purchase the AFC...if looks could kill..id die if i got the AFC...but wont really help me...do you know of any superchargers out?..

nice
julian

------------------
InNoVaTE Don'T IMiTate
CE 2k1
Black dVs IS300
-Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhuast
-JDM Altezza Grill

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Originally posted by TEG:
Some of the old commercials are here:
* http://is300.net/movies/is300bryan.mpg
* http://is300.net/movies/isrally2.mpg
* http://is300.net/movies/lexus-swiss.mov
* http://is300.net/movies/10million.mpg

here were the commercials that my wife and I made for the "sufficiently radical" contest:

* http://is300.net/movies/radical1.mpg
* http://is300.net/movies/radical2.mpg

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited February 19, 2001).]

Hey Cap'n do you know if there's a way we can still view our commercial contest entries?

[From TEG: The radicalcontest.com web site is still up and running... ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited February 21, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
14 Participants
I6IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing