Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the Intensa Blue in person?? I am a huge SBM fan how well does it compare??? I just finished looking at a red 02 , very nice but my current ride is the exact same color. I am torn between the red and the new blue which looks good in pics but I heard earlier that it looks like a washed out denim which sounds too light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
The dealer I test drove the 02 manual at had several Intensa Blue Pearl IS300's and they look pretty much like SBP but better. The Intensa blue is the same shade but it has more pearl in it. Definitely sparkles more than the SBP and looks nicer imo.

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: DougSi ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think I am leaning more towards the new blue rather than red for a little change of pace. I remember when the sportcross was in the auto shows the people on here said the new blue was fugly. Now people seem to like it so maybe its the sunlight that makes it look better, or is it just that its on the sedan now??
Anyway Not having seen the IBP in person I guess itll be a gamble for me if I go with it but atleast itll be the first one around here


[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: lexluger ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
lex, are there any pics of the IBP IS anywhere on the net? I'm considering that color too. I am also thinking about the red as well. I saw the red at the car show and that $h!T was hot!!!!
 

·
Useless
Joined
·
5,346 Posts
The SBM is a darker shade than the new blue. I also dont understand why the old color is called Spectra Blue Metalic as when I look up the paint code it is actually called Blue Pearl Metalic. HMMMMM?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Devius I have seen a few pics of the new blue on here alot on wieck.com search for sportcross. (Still havent found a pic of the sedan in blue) The weird thing is that the blue in the pics of the world debut looks alot lighter than the rest of the pics. The rest of the pics look almost like SBM. I wonder which pic really shows the IBP. Anyone else with pics please post


[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: lexluger ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
I have seen the IBP in person and it is a little lighter than the SBM. Not light like the pictures though. It also has heavy amounts of pearl in the clear, almost looks like a metal-flake paint job in the bright sunlight. The color is killer! I am buying that color and like it more than the SBm and I really liked the SBM!

.../austin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Thanks lex. I have seen plenty of pics of the sportcross though. I guess I'm just dying to see it on the sedan. But if its as hot as aust says it is, I guess I'm gonna have to get down with the IBP!!! I was real big on the SBM too and was pretty upset when I heard they was done with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
My two cents on it...

First off, just seeing a pic on the net of it did the color no justice.

I went to Tustin and Mission Viejo Lexus last weekend and saw IBP in person.

I like SBM *better*, but I still think that IBP looked badass. A little lighter but nice. I probably will stick with getting that color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Originally posted by lexluger:
Hey Devius I have seen a few pics of the new blue on here alot on wieck.com search for sportcross. (Still havent found a pic of the sedan in blue) The weird thing is that the blue in the pics of the world debut looks alot lighter than the rest of the pics. The rest of the pics look almost like SBM. I wonder which pic really shows the IBP. Anyone else with pics please post


[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: lexluger ]

wassup Lex!! Where did you see the blue? I'm interested in it as well but did Lexus of Knoxville get a blue one in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wassup vvtipwr- no blues in KNoxville theya rent even expecting one at least until my ordered one comes in
But you might wanna swing by and check out the red one they have in the showroom. Very sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,157 Posts
i'll post pics of my car after i pick it up tomorrow.


Originally posted by lexluger:
Has anyone seen the Intensa Blue in person?? I am a huge SBM fan how well does it compare??? I just finished looking at a red 02 , very nice but my current ride is the exact same color. I am torn between the red and the new blue which looks good in pics but I heard earlier that it looks like a washed out denim which sounds too light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Originally posted by Devius:
Thanks lex. I have seen plenty of pics of the sportcross though. I guess I'm just dying to see it on the sedan. But if its as hot as aust says it is, I guess I'm gonna have to get down with the IBP!!! I was real big on the SBM too and was pretty upset when I heard they was done with it.
i am with you Devius. I thought I might have to go with Black when I heard they discontinued the SBM. But the IBP is excellent. It doesn't have the purple overtones the SBM did but I think the Pearl in the clearcoat more than makes up for it. It is a VERY cool color.

Sounds like someone else was down at Mission Viejo looking at the new cars on the College parking lot.

.../austin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Originally posted by MrCynical:
My two cents on it...

First off, just seeing a pic on the net of it did the color no justice.

I went to Tustin and Mission Viejo Lexus last weekend and saw IBP in person.

I like SBM *better*, but I still think that IBP looked badass. A little lighter but nice. I probably will stick with getting that color.
Did they have a IBP at Tustin?? Just wondering!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Hey aust, make them take you up on the roof at Tustin. Oh man....is300's as far as the eye can see. Blue, red (the new red is SWEET) yellow, black, graphite, white, tons of 'em with different options). They had EXACTLY what i wanted...IBP w/escaine, moonroof, upgraded wheels, auto. Too bad I'm not quite ready to buy.

As for Mission Viejo, they moved the cars from Saddleback to the back of the Lexus lot (unless there are MORE i dont know of). Personally i felt as though i was treated like dirt at MV, and I will NEVER even consider them for anything. Nobody wanted to help me, and the one person i asked seemed as though he was doing me a favor by answering my questions. #1 I was dressede nice and #2 I'm sure im not the FIRST 23 year old to walk into that place inquiring about the IS. But whatever...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Originally posted by MrCynical:
Hey aust, make them take you up on the roof at Tustin. Oh man....is300's as far as the eye can see. Blue, red (the new red is SWEET) yellow, black, graphite, white, tons of 'em with different options). They had EXACTLY what i wanted...IBP w/escaine, moonroof, upgraded wheels, auto. Too bad I'm not quite ready to buy.

As for Mission Viejo, they moved the cars from Saddleback to the back of the Lexus lot (unless there are MORE i dont know of). Personally i felt as though i was treated like dirt at MV, and I will NEVER even consider them for anything. Nobody wanted to help me, and the one person i asked seemed as though he was doing me a favor by answering my questions. #1 I was dressede nice and #2 I'm sure im not the FIRST 23 year old to walk into that place inquiring about the IS. But whatever...
I'll stop at Tustin tonight. Cars on the roof, huh? Interesting. Did you see a loaded Blue? Just wanted to see if you might have noticed one on the lot. I got treated like gold at MV but I am 37. I wonder if it is an age thing? Probably the case. Too bad, cause the IS is a car that is going to sell to people from about 22-38. they need to realize that.

Thanx for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Originally posted by aust182:
I'll stop at Tustin tonight. Cars on the roof, huh? Interesting. Did you see a loaded Blue? Just wanted to see if you might have noticed one on the lot. I got treated like gold at MV but I am 37. I wonder if it is an age thing? Probably the case. Too bad, cause the IS is a car that is going to sell to people from about 22-38. they need to realize that.

Thanx for the info.
2002 IBP, escaine, chrome wheels, moonroof, and i THINK LSD (although i know it didnt have NAV) on the roof. As of last Saturday.

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: MrCynical ]

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: MrCynical ]
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
MrCynical
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top