Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a clip of the new porshe on the News and it looks hot!!! It looks like a Porshe and a Lambo had a baby. 0-60 in 4.3! 200+mph and a sticker price estimates 250,000 - 300,000. Anyone have any weblinks to it? I'd love to find out more

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
One word to describe them, CRAZY. I really don't think anyone is going to spend that much money buying a Porsche when they can get a Ferarri 550 or Lambo. And the thing is that you can probably get to that much power by doing something to the 911 turbo, so why bother spending another $100000?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
You find it ugly? In what respect? I understand you can have your opinion but I was curious what you didn't like about it....I think it looks pretty damn sweet

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I've never been attracted to the way Porsches look (past & present) with the exception of the Porsche 928GTS. I find other exotics more attractive than this very highline porsche. To me it looks like something Speed Racer or Batman would drive... It's not my cup of tea as far as style...
Eric....
I think edgier styling is more fitting for an Exotic (Lotus Esprit, Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari models). I know that edgier styling is much less efficient but personally I find it more attractive and "exotic" looking..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited September 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I never liked any of the porsche until the 996 turbo. But if I have the money to spend of a $200K car, I would rather buy the Ferarri. I just don't consider Porsche to be in the same catagory.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
You find it ugly? In what respect? I understand you can have your opinion but I was curious what you didn't like about it....I think it looks pretty damn sweet
(IMO) The car is TOO Exotic Looking for our taste. I dont Like Lambroughs....either.
I've got sorta conservative taste.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I think it's gorgeous, albeit way beyond my league. And to tell ya the truth, if I had that kind of money I still won't spend it on a f**king car. I love cars, but I'm not insane. There's many poor people out there that could use some food and shelter, I'd rather give it to them.
Comon Porsche, $300K??? Are you outta yer mindd?!?!
It looks nice though...I'd add it to my dream car list.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I said on the Contour Forum, I'd rather buy an MR2 Spyder and a beach house with a garage to put it in. I'd be short 400 ponies, but I'd have a freaking HOUSE!!!

The picture makes a nice background on this computer, tho.

------------------
IS 300 ???
Not yet, but maybe soon....

1995 Ford Contour Zetec GL -- Modded

http://www.contour.org

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Originally posted by EricK:
I've never been attracted to the way Porsches look (past & present) with the exception of the Porsche 928GTS. I find other exotics more attractive than this very highline porsche. To me it looks like something Speed Racer or Batman would drive... It's not my cup of tea as far as style...
Eric....
I think edgier styling is more fitting for an Exotic (Lotus Esprit, Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari models). I know that edgier styling is much less efficient but personally I find it more attractive and "exotic" looking..

[This message has been edited by EricK (edited September 29, 2000).]

Totally agree!!!!! Yes, in a way it does look different, but to me it just looks a little bit generic......a little bit of everything thrown together......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts