Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership claims it'll be higher than the 2001, but he also said "+5-10 hp, std 18s etc." so he doesn't know what he's talking about.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
It will be cheaper base, since it's got a manual instead of an automatic. Throw in the suspension/wheel package and it's gonna be about the same as today's base IS300.

The nav system is supposed to be upwards of $2000 for the option, and the suspension/wheel package is something around $1500. The manual is supposed to be a good $1800 or so cheaper MSRP than the current IS300 automatic.

This is all from my dealership, so it could easily be misinformation.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I'm assuming that extra hp is to the wheels? Is that how much hp is gained when having a manual over an automatic?

-crontab -l

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i bugged everyone at the NY auto show about this, and they said the manual should be 1000 cheaper for base price, the navigation would be a 2000 option, and that the 18" wheels were NOT going to be available as an option, and that they were like the cross drilled rotors, they were just for show, not likely to make it to the actual car, so you have to weigh that stuff out.

as for hp, the manual should add atleast 5% hp to the wheels, maybe as much as 10% since the factory auto seems to rob more than the average amount of hp.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! That's great news, exactly what I wanted to hear, no 18s (waste of money, buy your own), and $1000 cheaper. My dealership said the HP gain was due to the exhaust, but you're right, if any it'll be due to the more efficient manual. Imagine being able to buy a loaded manual IS300 for $29,500? That's $5,000 less than a 325i.

Originally posted by IS300GTE:
i bugged everyone at the NY auto show about this, and they said the manual should be 1000 cheaper for base price, the navigation would be a 2000 option, and that the 18" wheels were NOT going to be available as an option, and that they were like the cross drilled rotors, they were just for show, not likely to make it to the actual car, so you have to weigh that stuff out.

as for hp, the manual should add atleast 5% hp to the wheels, maybe as much as 10% since the factory auto seems to rob more than the average amount of hp.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I was told that the Manual is gonna be roughly $1000 cheaper than the Automatic, but it will sell for more than the AT's due to a $1800 NAV being installed in MOST. Thats what the Lexus reps told me.

ckolsen.. I think he means 18's are all the car is coming with
no smaler option. Lexus is publishing that 18's are standard in most write ups.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He said they were 'just for show', not on the actual car. I would have to agree, Lexus would NOT use standard 18s, there's no profit in it. It would also cost them more sales than it would gain them.

Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
ckolsen.. I think he means 18's are all the car is coming with
no smaler option. Lexus is publishing that 18's are standard in most write ups.[/QB]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts