Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ST Suspensions ST XTA

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to swap coilovers in. Currently running Bilstein shocks with TRD red springs but looking for something more aggressive.

Here's the options I'm currently narrowed on:

1. KW V3
or
2. Fortune Auto 500 with Swift Spring Upgrade or ST Suspensions ST XTA

I have the ST's in there because they are part of the KW brand. Just wanted to see if anyone has run them or knows anyone that currently has them on their setup.

I'm not on a budget build so not looking for the cheapest option. Just want some info.

Appreciate the feedback ✌

·
Registered
2002 is300
659 Posts
kw v3 or fortune 500s will both do well. I've personally never heard of st suspension, not to say they're bad just never heard of them. Just make sure you get the right springs because there's no adjustment to fix that. Also a lot of performance in coilovers can only be unlocked when you set them up right. Gears and gasline had a good video on setting up coilovers.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kw v3 or fortune 500s will both do well. I've personally never heard of st suspension, not to say they're bad just never heard of them. Just make sure you get the right springs because there's no adjustment to fix that. Also a lot of performance in coilovers can only be unlocked when you set them up right. Gears and gasline had a good video on setting up coilovers.
ST is owned by KW. Think of it like the budget version.

Right now, I feel like I'm leaning towards the KWs. Haven't made up my mind yet.

·
Registered
2002 is300
659 Posts
What are you looking to do with them? Personally found 12k/10k too soft for a stock-weight car probably more like 14k/12k. Honestly for almost 3k for the KW you could get the ZR series Bc coils which come with swift springs.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What are you looking to do with them? Personally found 12k/10k too soft for a stock-weight car probably more like 14k/12k. Honestly for almost 3k for the KW you could get the ZR series Bc coils which come with swift springs.
Mostly street use but I do take it to the track every once in a while. I like to take it on the twisties.

Right now I'm on Bilsteins with TRD red springs. It's not bad but want something a little more aggressive.

I know the KWs are progressive springs and most of the adjustment comes with the dampening rather than spring swaps. I added something like FA500 or even BC's to the list because of the customizability of more aggressive springs. I don't even know the spring rates for the KWs. Haven't seen it listed anywhere... again prob because they're progressive not linear.

@Thatblueis what's your current setup?

·
Registered
2002 is300
659 Posts
Mostly street use but I do take it to the track every once in a while. I like to take it on the twisties.

Right now I'm on Bilsteins with TRD red springs. It's not bad but want something a little more aggressive.

I know the KWs are progressive springs and most of the adjustment comes with the dampening rather than spring swaps. I added something like FA500 or even BC's to the list because of the customizability of more aggressive springs. I don't even know the spring rates for the KWs. Haven't seen it listed anywhere... again prob because they're progressive not linear.

@Thatblueis what's your current setup?
Right now for suspension some basic eBay front and rear strut braces and a couple of undercarriage braces. Plan on making some to run front to back to help with the twist. Eibach sway bars. Godspeed coil overs, Honestly 12k front, and 10k rear feel better than some newer corolla. Damping will make a good difference too though. I track my is300 and it's done pretty well. The current struggle is keeping the rear end gripped up. If you don't mind a little more MVH something more like 14k front and 12k rear with swift springs on a basic set of BC will do you just fine. I find 12k ,10k to be perfectly fine for daily driving while still feeling solid for twisties. The 3K plus coil overs are for chasing 1/100ths of a second on the track. I would stay away from progressive springs for the track as they will not have consistent results having continually changing spring rates.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good insight. I agree with all your points.

My main neg for kw's is that it's a progressive spring. I'm fearing that I'll hate the performance on the track. Which is why I was asking about ST, since it is a kw company but they use linear springs, and why fa500's were on my list.

i do know a few people that have done custom spring rates for kw's so if its possible to throw a linear spring on there, I'm game. I'm not a pro nor am i chasing numbers on track, i just like having fun when i drive.

aghh decisions decisions. maybe I'll just email each company to get information to compare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts