Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PS just shit on me, told me my registration had expired, anyone else experience this recently?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Legit or warezed?

IIRC, I've read that PS 6.0.1 and up can check to see if other computers on the network are using the same serial number. This all came about when v7 was first released, maybe even when it was the beta versions all over the net; I don't recall exactly when I read this.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
me paying for software would be like me keeping a car stock ;)

i know its related to that, just trying to figure out how to beat it

HIBBoyScott said:
caren said:
Jacked != Legit
It can't be possible that I was asking IS300GTE if his copy was legit or warezed. Nope, couldn't be.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I make sure to block certain programs from accessing the internet. I use Norton Internet Security to do it. It works pretty good. It will also detect if a program tries to launch another program. You should be able to find it on kazaa. Ive seen photoshop trying to access the internet.. maybe to check serials? But it cant catch what it doesnt know is there.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
IS300GTE said:

Get a legit serial number. ;P

Or stay on 6.0.

Or block Adobe Web from accessing the intarweb. I don't know what component accesses the internet, but I know that AOM.exe starts at boot. It's not needed unless you use Adobe Web features, I think. MSConfig or StartupCPL can prevet it from starting.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i have one now, and aom was deleted upon reinstall, i'd just like to avoid this for future reference. i think that the norton idea is pretty good, now i just have to find a cracked version of that ;)

i don't get any programs from kazaa or from astalavista, they are all loaded down with virus'.

-gte

HIBBoyScott said:
IS300GTE said:

Get a legit serial number. ;P

Or stay on 6.0.

Or block Adobe Web from accessing the intarweb. I don't know what component accesses the internet, but I know that AOM.exe starts at boot. It's not needed unless you use Adobe Web features, I think. MSConfig or StartupCPL can prevet it from starting.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Why the hell go through the bother of finding a cracked version of NIS? Zone Alarm or Kerio would both do the job and they're both free.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've tried zone alarm, a bit too much, i was hoping NIS wouldn't be as high maintenance

HIBBoyScott said:
Why the hell go through the bother of finding a cracked version of NIS? Zone Alarm or Kerio would both do the job and they're both free.

·
Registered
12,480 Posts
Get your boss to buy you the programs. I did. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
Lex Luthor
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing