Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I submitted my order for the PLP Vortech SC to Carson Toyota today. :D I am so excited about finally getting some much needed HPs to my baby. Anyone else here actually put in their order or even received their kit yet? Thinking of going ahead and also order the PLP non-vented radiator panel, we'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
me, scheduled for installation only on the 17th oct though... *bummer*
Mike has too much customers even in the bayarea itself :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,336 Posts
Mine is ordered, will be installed by next weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Benign said:
me, scheduled for installation only on the 17th oct though... *bummer*
Mike has too much customers even in the bayarea itself :)
At least you already have a date for install, as for me I'll be losing some sleep wondering when I'll actually receive mine :cry: . G'luck to you tho. :chill: . Are you having the whole package done (ie guages, headers, exh.)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VVTIS said:
Mine is ordered, will be installed by next weekend.
Powerdyne or Vortech? Keep us posted please :p .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
webhed said:
Benign said:
me, scheduled for installation only on the 17th oct though... *bummer*
Mike has too much customers even in the bayarea itself :)
At least you already have a date for install, as for me I'll be losing some sleep wondering when I'll actually receive mine :cry: . G'luck to you tho. :chill: . Are you having the whole package done (ie guages, headers, exh.)?
thanks, but imo, with mike, you will probably receive them before you even know em :)

i am going with the powerdyne due to ca's bad crazy smog test, but does both kits come with gauges, header, etc? i never knew about this, but if mike do offer headers, gauges, etc, i will most likely to get them as well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Vortech ordered here. CC info was taken last week and it is suppossed to ship this week. Tenative install for next Friday! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
Benign said:
me, scheduled for installation only on the 17th oct though... *bummer*
Mike has too much customers even in the bayarea itself :)
I was ready to order the Powerdyne S/C, but had a little trouble getting a response on how long it would take to install... I guess that explains why. Does anyone know offhand if their superchargers set off the CEL? I couldn't find anything in a search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
Broomhead said:
Benign said:
me, scheduled for installation only on the 17th oct though... *bummer*
Mike has too much customers even in the bayarea itself :)
I was ready to order the Powerdyne S/C, but had a little trouble getting a response on how long it would take to install... I guess that explains why. Does anyone know offhand if their superchargers set off the CEL? I couldn't find anything in a search.
Due to its "bolt on nature," it should be a relatively simple install. From Pro Lex's site:
"The system installs 8 hours using normal hand tools and no irreversible modifications to the car is necessary."

Oh, and I HIGHLY doubt you'll be getting a CEL...someone correct me if I'm wrong. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
360 Posts
bk9 said:
Due to its "bolt on nature," it should be a relatively simple install. From Pro Lex's site:
"The system installs 8 hours using normal hand tools and no irreversible modifications to the car is necessary."

Oh, and I HIGHLY doubt you'll be getting a CEL...someone correct me if I'm wrong. :wink:
Oh, heh... I was actually asking them how long it would take to get an appointment for installation (they're local for me). I already knew about the 8 hour install time. Cool deal on the CEL if you're right. 8)
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
13,978 Posts
Benign said:
webhed said:
Benign said:
me, scheduled for installation only on the 17th oct though... *bummer*
Mike has too much customers even in the bayarea itself :)
At least you already have a date for install, as for me I'll be losing some sleep wondering when I'll actually receive mine :cry: . G'luck to you tho. :chill: . Are you having the whole package done (ie guages, headers, exh.)?
thanks, but imo, with mike, you will probably receive them before you even know em :)

i am going with the powerdyne due to ca's bad crazy smog test, but does both kits come with gauges, header, etc? i never knew about this, but if mike do offer headers, gauges, etc, i will most likely to get them as well
the kits don't come with gauges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Anybody know what the warrenty deal is with the Powerdyne? If I take my car back to Lexus for service are they going to void my power train warrenty?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
13,978 Posts
straycat40 said:
Anybody know what the warrenty deal is with the Powerdyne? If I take my car back to Lexus for service are they going to void my power train warrenty?
yes you will void your lexus warranty but you can always take your s/c off and act like it wasn't there. :p you didn't hear that from me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,944 Posts
LAST TIME I WILL SAY IT

they cannot just void it

if a part breaks then that part if voided!

David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,336 Posts
is300soon said:
LAST TIME I WILL SAY IT

they cannot just void it

if a part breaks then that part if voided!

David
And they still have to prove that is what caused the part to malfunction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,082 Posts
oneeyejack said:
Benign said:
webhed said:
Benign said:
me, scheduled for installation only on the 17th oct though... *bummer*
Mike has too much customers even in the bayarea itself :)
At least you already have a date for install, as for me I'll be losing some sleep wondering when I'll actually receive mine :cry: . G'luck to you tho. :chill: . Are you having the whole package done (ie guages, headers, exh.)?
thanks, but imo, with mike, you will probably receive them before you even know em :)

i am going with the powerdyne due to ca's bad crazy smog test, but does both kits come with gauges, header, etc? i never knew about this, but if mike do offer headers, gauges, etc, i will most likely to get them as well
the kits don't come with gauges.
Mike said that you can hook up a laptop to the engine management system and get digital gauges....pretty cool.... I wonder if you can use a Pocket PC and get the same results.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
Norcal IS300 said:
oneeyejack said:
Benign said:
webhed said:
Benign said:
me, scheduled for installation only on the 17th oct though... *bummer*
Mike has too much customers even in the bayarea itself :)
At least you already have a date for install, as for me I'll be losing some sleep wondering when I'll actually receive mine :cry: . G'luck to you tho. :chill: . Are you having the whole package done (ie guages, headers, exh.)?
thanks, but imo, with mike, you will probably receive them before you even know em :)

i am going with the powerdyne due to ca's bad crazy smog test, but does both kits come with gauges, header, etc? i never knew about this, but if mike do offer headers, gauges, etc, i will most likely to get them as well
the kits don't come with gauges.
Mike said that you can hook up a laptop to the engine management system and get digital gauges....pretty cool.... I wonder if you can use a Pocket PC and get the same results.....
If you can somehow get a serial connection (90% sure) for a pocket pc and the right software you could, but that'd be pretty hard to see.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top